Now that MM is GONE

Poeticlaw

First off, I think its unfortunate that MM didnt have one last shot to prove his worth in Buffalo, But he made the right decison, everything had failure written all over it.

So now that it will be official at 11 am tommorrow lets see how true the organization is to winning. Bring in Mike Sherman. HE knows what it means to play for devoted fans, cold weather and to fit the team for a Farve like QB in JP I believe SHerman is the BEST OPTION to our success. In not saying this year will bring playoffs but he will bring us to the road that gets us their the quickest.

Either way we will find out how cheap or how dedicated Wilson is to winning.

I dont want martz or some nobody anymore I want proven background with good credentials and Mike SHerman brings all of it to the table.

One final though too, WIth SHerman I believe he can entice good freaa agents in the free agency market.

First off, I think its unfortunate that MM didnt have one last shot to prove his worth in Buffalo, But he made the right decison, everything had failure written all over it.

So now that it will be official at 11 am tommorrow lets see how true the organization is to winning. Bring in Mike Sherman. HE knows what it means to play for devoted fans, cold weather and to fit the team for a Farve like QB in JP I believe SHerman is the BEST OPTION to our success. In not saying this year will bring playoffs but he will bring us to the road that gets us their the quickest.

Either way we will find out how cheap or how dedicated Wilson is to winning.

I dont want martz or some nobody anymore I want proven background with good credentials and Mike SHerman brings all of it to the table.

One final though too, WIth SHerman I believe he can entice good freaa agents in the  free agency market.

564365[/snapback]

I like Martz, but I'll take anyone with experience at this point. He fits Marv's "character" criteria. Pecking order I like Martz Sherman then Haslett a very distant third. I agree with you on the hiring a nobody comment.

I dont want martz or some nobody anymore I want proven background with good credentials

How about Barry Switzer?-)

One final though too, WIth SHerman I believe he can entice good freaa agents in the free agency market.

Maybe he can lure Warren Sapp to play next to Sam Adams! B-)

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT WANT JIM HASLETT AS HEAD COACH........

Reg. Season Playoffs

Year TM W L T W L

2000 nor 10 6 0 1 1

2001 nor 7 9 0 0 0

2002 nor 9 7 0 0 0

2003 nor 8 8 0 0 0

2004 nor 8 8 0 0 0

2005 nor 3 13 0 0 0

TOTALS 45 51 0 1 1

IN 6 YEARS HE HAS JUST 45 WINS AND 51 LOSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A COACH WITH A LOSING RECORD?????? THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS WANT????? COME ON........ALL WE HEAR AROUND HERE IS THAT WE ARE TIRED OF ALL THE TERRIBLE TEAMS AND NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AND WE JUST WANT TO GET BETTER.....

WELL, FACE IT!!!!! JIM HASLETT IS A BELOW .500 COACH WITH ONLY 1 PLAYOFF BIRTH IN 6 YEARS!!!!!!!! THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE HAD HERE FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS! AND YOU WANT TO SIGN UP FOR THAT ALL OVER AGAIN? COME ON.......

WE WANT TO GET BETTER PEOPLE. NOT SIGN UP FOR MORE OF THE SAME AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GETTING WITH HASLETT. I WANT TO GET BETTER.....AND BETTER IS NOT GETTING ANOTHER TERRIBLE COACH WITH A LOSING RECORD!

HE WAS A GREAT PLAYER HERE, BUT HE IS NOT A GOOD COACH AND NOT THE COACH WE NEED HERE!!! WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS TEAM AND HASLETT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! PERIOD!

OH, AND ONE MORE THING......PLEASE NO MIKE MARTZ HERE EITHER.....WE DON'T NEED TO BE THROWING THE BALL ALL OVER THE FIELD A GAZZILLION TIMES WHEN THE SNOW IS FLYING!!!!! MCGAHEE DOESN'T GET USED ENOUGH AS IT IS.....HE MIGHT AS WELL SIT ON THE BENCH IF HE COMES HERE........

I AM NOT SURE WHO I WANT AS OUR COACH YET (SHERMAN MIGHT BE GOOD)......BUT WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT IT ISN'T EITHER OF THESE GUYS.....

SO, I BEG OF YOU.....PLEASE.....NO MORE HASLETT AND MARTZ TALK AROUND HERE!

PS. I am sorry about all the caps.....but I just can't even stand the ideas of these guys as our coach. I just can't believe there is so much hype everywhere for these guys......especially Haslett who has done NOTHING as a coach in 6 years. I just want to move forward.

I like Martz, but I'll take anyone with experience at this point. He fits Marv's "character" criteria. Pecking order I like Martz Sherman then Haslett a very distant third. I agree with you on the hiring a nobody comment.

564378[/snapback]

Martz isn't a winner. Martz is an inhereiter, and he has nothing to inherit.

I just hope that Marv won't hire the next HC because he was so impressive as an interviewee. I would like to see Mike Sherman come in because injuries were the key to Green Bay failing so miserably this season, and he has been a playoff HC. I don't know though all this smells really funky at OBD. Who knows? I just want to cheer for a competitive Bills team again.

Martz isn't a winner.  Martz is an inhereiter, and he has nothing to inherit.

564388[/snapback]

2001-GM/Head Coach Mike Sherman names Mark Hatley as vice president of football operations (May 17).

2005-President Bob Harlan names Ted Thompson Executive Vice President, General Manager & Director of Football Operations, with full authority over football decisions. Mike Sherman becomes Executive Vice President & Head Coach. The move, Harlan said, was about a system and not about individuals, based on structure, not on performance. (Jan. 14).

2005 4 12 0 4th

2004 10 6 0 1st

2003 10 6 0 1st

2002 12 4 0 1st

2001 12 4 0 2nd

Sherman has GM experince hired as a GM in 2001 had 4 straight winning seasons ans the replaced in 2005 and then fired at the end sounds like a structuring problem yoou dont fire a winning caoch atfer one bad season in 5 years.

I think sherman is the best option,

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT WANT JIM HASLETT AS HEAD COACH........

Reg. Season Playoffs

Year TM W L T W L

2000 nor 10 6 0 1 1

2001 nor 7 9 0 0 0

2002 nor 9 7 0 0 0

2003 nor 8 8 0 0 0

2004 nor 8 8 0 0 0

2005 nor 3 13 0 0 0

TOTALS 45 51 0 1 1

IN 6 YEARS HE HAS JUST 45 WINS AND 51 LOSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A COACH WITH A LOSING RECORD?????? THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS WANT????? COME ON........ALL WE HEAR AROUND HERE IS THAT WE ARE TIRED OF ALL THE TERRIBLE TEAMS AND NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AND WE JUST WANT TO GET BETTER.....

WELL, FACE IT!!!!! JIM HASLETT IS A BELOW .500 COACH WITH ONLY 1 PLAYOFF BIRTH IN 6 YEARS!!!!!!!! THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE HAD HERE FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS! AND YOU WANT TO SIGN UP FOR THAT ALL OVER AGAIN? COME ON.......

WE WANT TO GET BETTER PEOPLE. NOT SIGN UP FOR MORE OF THE SAME AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GETTING WITH HASLETT. I WANT TO GET BETTER.....AND BETTER IS NOT GETTING ANOTHER TERRIBLE COACH WITH A LOSING RECORD!

HE WAS A GREAT PLAYER HERE, BUT HE IS NOT A GOOD COACH AND NOT THE COACH WE NEED HERE!!! WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS TEAM AND HASLETT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! PERIOD!

OH, AND ONE MORE THING......PLEASE NO MIKE MARTZ HERE EITHER.....WE DON'T NEED TO BE THROWING THE BALL ALL OVER THE FIELD A GAZZILLION TIMES WHEN THE SNOW IS FLYING!!!!! MCGAHEE DOESN'T GET USED ENOUGH AS IT IS.....HE MIGHT AS WELL SIT ON THE BENCH IF HE COMES HERE........

I AM NOT SURE WHO I WANT AS OUR COACH YET (SHERMAN MIGHT BE GOOD)......BUT WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT IT ISN'T EITHER OF THESE GUYS.....

SO, I BEG OF YOU.....PLEASE.....NO MORE HASLETT AND MARTZ TALK AROUND HERE!

PS. I am sorry about all the caps.....but I just can't even stand the ideas of these guys as our coach. I just can't believe there is so much hype everywhere for these guys......especially Haslett who has done NOTHING as a coach in 6 years. I just want to move forward.

564384[/snapback]

42-38 Before this season (I think you can give him a pass for this season playing essentially all road games this season) and coaching for one of the worst owners in pro football. The guy loves Buffalo and connections to Modrak.

What the heck was Marv's record after his stint in KC?

42-38 Before this season (I think you can give him a pass for this season playing essentially all road games this season) and coaching for one of the worst owners in pro football.  The guy loves Buffalo and connections to Modrak.

What the heck was Marv's record after his stint in KC?

564427[/snapback]

1982 3 6 0 11th

1981 9 7 0 3rd

1980 8 8 0 3rd

1979 7 9 0 5th

1978 4 12 0 5th

1982 3 6 0 11th

1981 9 7 0 3rd

1980 8 8 0 3rd

1979 7 9 0 5th

1978 4 12 0 5th

564435[/snapback]

LEvys record for his tenure in buffalo

1997 6 10 0 4th

1996 10 6 0 2nd

1995 10 6 0 1st

1994 7 9 0 4th

1993 12 4 0 1st

1992 11 5 0 2nd

1991 13 3 0 1st

1990 13 3 0 1st

1989 9 7 0 1st

1988 12 4 0 1st

1987 7 8 0 4th

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the most comfortable fit for Marv Levy might be Dan Reeves. Experience counts and Reeves has it and he coached against Marv with a little bit of success. The final thing is that Reeves is 62 and Marv started with the Bills at 61. Marv probably would think Dans' best coaching is in front of him!!