Can We Steal Kubiak away from Houston?

Gary Kubiak has all but locked up the Houston job, NFL Network's Adam Schefter has reported.

I don't think we could steal him from Houston as that is his hometown. . . but if they were ever to pass on him, we should sign him immediately.

Consider:

Denver ALWAYS runs the ball, and always runs the ball well. They had the second highest percentage of running plays this year next to Pittsburgh. Even with some stiffs they always run well. I mean, does anyone think Reuben Droughns, Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary were/are anything better than roster players? And when they do actually have a talented back, he puts up tremendous numbers, including average per carry. See Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis and Tatum Bell's avg. per carry.

The "zone-blocking" of Kubiak's offense is what we need here. Atlanta now uses it too (their O-line coach Alex Gibbs used to be in Denver for many yrs.) And Atlanta even taking away Vick's numbers, runs the ball very well.

And does anyone else think that Plummer would be a horrendous QB on another team with a lesser offensive scheme? I sure do. Look at his Arizona days rating wise, and compare to his Denver seasons. It's like night and day. If anyone could successfully tutor young Mr. Losman, Kubiak could.

Bottom line is that Denver's skilled position players aren't that good. But the offense as a whole is very good. The offense scheme Kubiak runs is one of the very best in the league. They take average talent, put it in that scheme, and presto. . . they have a good offense. Let's sign Kubiak up if Houston passes.

Another rookie HC? Might work, might not!

Why not!

564069[/snapback]

Yes, a rookie coach. . . but at least he runs a good offense in Denver. . . not the 20-something ranked crap Pittsburgh had the season we hired MM away from them. I despised the MM hiring, and today have new found optimism.

Yes, a rookie coach. . . but at least he runs a good offense in Denver. . . not the 20-something ranked crap Pittsburgh had the season we hired MM away from them. I despised the MM hiring, and today have new found optimism.

564082[/snapback]

Only for that optimism to be shattered tomorrow as is typical for us Bills fans...I don't know how it will be shattered but I know it will be done.