Carson Palmer - potentially career ending

bartshan-83

they wait all those years to return to the playoffs. then when they do get back, one of the guys who really helped them get back goes down on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game and might cut his career way too short.

plus consider the cap considerations. he signed a huge extension just a couple weeks before the injury

its gotta be tough to be a Bengals fan, maybe as tough as it is to be a Bills fan these days

For those who said it was a routine ACL.....oops. Sound TERRIBLE. I feel bad for him and the Bengals if it doesn't work out. Finally claw their way out of that 15 year nightmare and then this... B-)

One a scale of 1 to 3....its a 4

563906[/snapback]

Well... if he was a HB, WR, or most any other Position, I'm sure Cincy would be sweating bullets...But Palmer was not a mobile guy anyway... At least he was no McNabb or Vick who, when at their best, lean on their scrambling abilities...I have a feeling Palmer will be back, and he'll be just fine... B-)

Sounds like the same think that running back New England drafted a couple of years back had.  I think he tore it on beach football?  Had some nasty nerve damage and stuff to go along with the tear.

I hope for the best for Palm and Cinny.

563928[/snapback]

Robert Edwards....yeah thats the first name I thought of too when they mentioned knee-cap dislocation too. Edwards almost had to get his leg amputated.

Nasty stuff.

Sounds like the same think that running back New England drafted a couple of years back had.  I think he tore it on beach football?  Had some nasty nerve damage and stuff to go along with the tear.

I hope for the best for Palm and Cinny.

563928[/snapback]

Robert Edwards did eventually come back, albeit briefly. Unlike a RB a QB isn't really required to plant his foot and cut. Hopefully Palmer is able to come back. There is a derth of quality QB play in the NFL, the last thing the league needs is its star youngster calling it a career.

Sorry Bart.  I even did a quick search of the first page before I posted it.  Forgot the retard rollercoaster was in full swing.

564271[/snapback]

Seen any hot ash today???

With this kid, dedication to rehab won't be an issue--it will be all medical if he can't make it back...it would be a shame-..very gifted QB.

Sorry Bart.  I even did a quick search of the first page before I posted it.  Forgot the retard rollercoaster was in full swing.

564271[/snapback]

No worries my friend. I have been so busy defending my hatred for Jimmy Johnson that I didn't even know it was gone.