Trade Bait

Mile High

Martin Biron, Buffalo Sabres: Talk about a guy whose value is sky-high right now. When goalie of the future Ryan Miller went down with a broken thumb, Biron not only kept the Sabres on track with a 13-game personal winning streak, but he also single-handedly put GM Darcy Regier in the driver's seat. Regier can now bring in either a top three defenseman or top six forward should he choose to make a move. Biron, in turn, could be the difference-maker in the Western Conference, where goaltending depth is almost nonexistent.

Mika Noronen, Buffalo Sabres: Economics and trade value seem to dictate that the Sabres will likely deal Biron if they deal any of their three netminders. But Noronen would certainly like to move on, and there is the feeling among some scouts that Noronen could be another Miikka Kiprusoff, waiting to shine when given his own starting assignmen

See anyone on this list (below) that would have an immediate impact in Buffalo? If Biron or Noronen is traded do we go after a foward or a defenseman? I say go with a foward like Marc Savard. He be effective right away and add another scorer to our line up.

Link

See anyone on this list (below) that would have an immediate impact in Buffalo?  If Biron or Noronen is traded do we go after a foward or a defenseman?  I say go with a foward like Marc Savard.  He be effective right away and add another scorer to our line up. 

Link

563169[/snapback]

I don't see any team giving up a player like Savard for Biron. That would be an amazing trade for the Sabres.

Savard, Atlanta Thrashers: The high-scoring forward (fifth in NHL scoring) is an important part of the Thrashers attack. But if the team falls off the playoff bubble, where it currently exists, watch for GM Don Waddell to try to move the talented-but-undisciplined forward, who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. Calgary is believed to be interested.

GET R DONE!

Savard, Atlanta Thrashers: The high-scoring forward (fifth in NHL scoring) is an important part of the Thrashers attack. But if the team falls off the playoff bubble, where it currently exists, watch for GM Don Waddell to try to move the talented-but-undisciplined forward, who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. Calgary is believed to be interested.

GET R DONE!

563566[/snapback]

That would be a gigantic mistake for the Thrashers. He's one of the few players on that roster with any grit whatsoever. I don't think they'd have much interest in Biron, either.