Division Trade Rumor

billfan63

Why would this make you so happy?  :D

Carr could be quite good & the Fish rid themselves of a RB they don't need & a 2nd round pick..... Big deal!  :devil:

562334[/snapback]

because I think Carr is just another Tedford system QB who doesn't translate well to the pro game. I also don't believe for a second that the houston OLine is as bad as everyone thinks. I think Carr is like Bledsoe in that he holds and holds and holds the ball and doesn't sense pressure on the margins.

If the trade is made to the fins, then that would be their future, and I think that gives us a really good shot at the fins for years to come.

that's why.

Granted, a fin fan could say the same thing about losman, but he has only started 7 or 8 games or whatever...we don't know enough about him yet. We've seen Carr for 4 years.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that Houston has a solid, legitimate RB in Domanick Davis. Houston doesn't *need* a RB or QB - they need their line in gear and a coach that knows what he's doing as a HC.

562355[/snapback]

While this is true...there will be a riot in Houston if they dont pick Young

Granted I still feel the best choice for Houston would be to trade down in the first round and stock up on line and a complimentary WR to Andre Johnson

While this is true...there will be a riot in Houston if they dont pick Young

Granted I still feel the best choice for Houston would be to trade down in the first round and stock up on line and a complimentary WR to Andre Johnson

562361[/snapback]

what's the latest on that avatar bud? :devil:

because I think Carr is just another Tedford system QB who doesn't translate well to the pro game. I also don't believe for a second that the houston OLine is as bad as everyone thinks. I think Carr is like Bledsoe in that he holds and holds and holds the ball and doesn't sense pressure on the margins.

If the trade is made to the fins, then that would be their future, and I think that gives us a really good shot at the fins for years to come.

that's why.

Granted, a fin fan could say the same thing about losman, but he has only started 7 or 8 games or whatever...we don't know enough about him yet. We've seen Carr for 4 years.

562359[/snapback]

carr is good regardless of what u think........thats like saying any qb that has a sucky line is garbage

yeah ok

Seems an odd time to bring it up, but am I the only one thinking that Reggie Bush cant carry a starting RB's workload in the NFL? I mean, wasnt that the whole reason USC had to use LenDale White in the first place because Bush couldnt stand up to the beatings?

I think Reggie Bush is about as close to being a Gale Sayers close as you can possibly get, but maybe his style wont suit the NFL very well.

Seems an odd time to bring it up, but am I the only one thinking that Reggie Bush cant carry a starting RB's workload in the NFL?  I mean, wasnt that the whole reason USC had to use LenDale White in the first place because Bush couldnt stand up to the beatings?

I think Reggie Bush is about as close to being a Gale Sayers close as you can possibly get, but maybe his style wont suit the NFL very well.

562374[/snapback]

You arent the only one that is thinking this...its all over the place. While Bush might not be the next Barry Sanders, he could very well be the next Thurman Thomas if he has a Kenneth Davis/Carwell Gardner type to compliment him in the backfield. If Bush is kept around 20 carries a game and is used as a receiver out of the backfield he will be a playmaker...but he is not going to be a workhorse back in the NFL

because I think Carr is just another Tedford system QB who doesn't translate well to the pro game.

562359[/snapback]

Think again. Tedford coached at Fresno State from '92-'97. Carr was a true freshman third stringer in 1997, and he threw 11 passes that year. Tedford was off to Oregon after that season, while Carr became the backup at Fresno in '98 and threw 40 passes. He was a medical redshirt in 1999, and then became the starter and set school records in 2000 and 2001, becoming the #1 pick in the NFL in spring of '02.

By the time he was drafted, he was four years removed from the 11 passes he threw while Tedford was tutoring him.

Did you just hear someone else say that about Joey Harrington and think it sounded smart? By the way, don't blame Tedford for Harrington not succeeding in the NFL. The guy's name is "Joey" for chrissakes. How could he expect to be good?

It would be a good trade for both teams though. (with the assumption that RW has actually gotten his head out of his ass)

Miami gets their QB and can work on the line in the offseason.

Houston gets a good RB which allows them to draft local boy hero Vince Young, which also buys them a little time to rebuild the line.

562296[/snapback]

Agreed--its a winner for both teams..makes sense

carr is good regardless of what u think........thats like saying any qb that has a sucky line is garbage

yeah ok

562363[/snapback]

He told you what he thinks...your argument is garbage you make no attempt to point out anything relevant to football "David Carr is good cuz i say so!" I've been to a few Texans games and David Carr, while more mobile than DB, is very much like our beloved former QB. He doesn't read defenses well and he takes a lot of punishment because he holds the ball way too long. He's considered a tough QB because he doesn't miss starts...same as drew...he's attractive to teams because of his strong arm...just like drew.

Carr played in a gimmick offense in college much like Florida's offense which is notorious for producing junk QBs for the NFL. Maybe that gimmick experience would translate well into the Bills system? Git R Done Marv!

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that Houston has a solid, legitimate RB in Domanick Davis. Houston doesn't *need* a RB or QB - they need their line in gear and a coach that knows what he's doing as a HC.

562355[/snapback]

Reggie Bush IMO can be put at WR as well as RB. If I was a HC, i'd draft this guy and split plays with my RB and WR's. He is the type of player that could make a big play out of nothing, to me doesn't seem to be the every down RB everyone expects him to be.

He can return kicks, go as a wide out and run the ball, unless he decides to put on some weight, he will not last long as a every down running back