Telemarketer counter-script

X. Benedict

I rarely get them now-a-days.....do not call list

when I do, I ask for them to give me their home number so I can call them back....then when they say they can't give out that information I say...I guess you don't like people calling you at home.....and when they answer, thats correct, then I reply....Well neither do I and hang up.....

(courtesy of Seinfield)

It makes me feel good.

My cousin will say...hold on a second and set the phone down....and leave the phone off the hook for 5-10 minutes and come back to see if they're still there....you'd be surprised that some still are....

I rarely get them now-a-days.....do not call list

when I do, I ask for them to give me their home number so I can call them back....then when they say they can't give out that information I say...I guess you don't like people calling you at home.....and when they answer, thats correct,  then I reply....Well neither do I and hang up.....

(courtesy of Seinfield)

It makes me feel good.

My cousin will say...hold on a second and set the phone down....and leave the phone off the hook for 5-10 minutes and come back to see if they're still there....you'd be surprised that some still are....

561748[/snapback]

I did tlemarketing as a second job right out of school. I know we all think its intrusive, but its better than door to door salesman no?

Listen, you do not want the calls get on the do not call list. If you still get one , just immediately say I will not buy or donate anything over the phone, I am hanging up now. Simple, no need to be cute, these guys are only doing their jobs.

Crimminy, with as conservative as most folks on here are, would you rather have these people on the welfare roles?

Another thing, why okay to cold call businesses(as most sales people do) but not consumers. I would wager a bet that almost everyone on this board has a job that requires the company to sell a product or service(outside of gov workers) , and guess who does that, sales people. Sales people make cold calls, plain and simple

You have to admit the counter-script was funny though, right? :devil:

Both my daughters have worked as cashiers when the market was fund raising. They were required to ask if a customer wanted to donate to the "cause". They hated it, especially when someone gave them a long sob story on why they would not/could not donate. A simple "No thanks" was fine.

If I get any calls anymore, I just say "Sorry I am not interested - have a nice day" <click>

I did tlemarketing as a second job right out of school. I know we all think its intrusive, but its better than door to door salesman no?

Listen, you do not want the calls get on the do not call list. If you still get one , just immediately say I will not buy or donate anything over the phone, I am hanging up now. Simple, no need to be cute, these guys are only doing their jobs.

Crimminy, with as conservative as most folks on here are, would you rather have these people on the welfare roles?

Another thing, why okay to cold call businesses(as most sales people do) but not consumers. I would wager a bet that almost everyone on this board has a job that requires the company to sell a product or service(outside of gov workers) , and guess who does that, sales people. Sales people make cold calls, plain and simple

561755[/snapback]

You have to admit the counter-script was funny though, right?  :devil:

If I get any calls anymore, I just say "Sorry I am not interested - have a nice day" <click>

561978[/snapback]

That is the best counter-script ever. just hang up!

With that said, this is pretty funny.

I could have used that before I signed up for the do not call list. The only undesirable calls that I get nowadays is for surveys and the Red Cross for blood donations. I do donate so I cut the Red Cross a break.

What I really need is to counteract the spammers by getting them as they get me. I have gotten some of their e-mail addresses and what I do is send them photos from www.rotten.com such as the roadkill photos or the dog and pig getting it on pix. I know that they probably don't receive my spam but the thought of one or two getting through is satisfying enough!

I understand people needing to work but at the rate that I used to get those calls and all the times they woke me up, I certainly do not miss the intrusions. For those who don't vote, remember it was elected officials who put into law the legislation allowing for the do not call list. Job well done!!!

For those who don't vote, remember it was elected officials who put into law the legislation allowing for the do not call list.

562095[/snapback]

Except, politicians are exempt from the Do Not Call List.

The do-not-call list applies to telemarketers but not to nonprofit organizations, politicians and pollsters.

Linky Thingy

When I get the calls I make sure I get name, company & phone number (I have been pretty good at getting them too) and then tell them I am on the do not call list and I am reporting them. I do too. I mostly get calls from local contractors ("We are in the area") and firms trying to sell me timeshare services.

Too bad the rule does not apply to businesses calling businesses; my wife gets them all of the time and when I have a day off during week I spend time hitting redial button and constantly bothering them.

When I get the calls I make sure I get name, company & phone number (I have been pretty good at getting them too) and then tell them I am on the do not call list and I am reporting them.  I do too.  I mostly get calls from local contractors ("We are in the area") and firms trying to sell me timeshare services.

Too bad the rule does not apply to businesses calling businesses; my wife gets them all of the time and when I have a day off during week I spend time hitting redial button and constantly bothering them.

562534[/snapback]

G, if you spend your time doing that, i would hate to have your life :flirt:

Seriously, who does your wife, and you for that matter , work for. Do they have sales people? If so, do you think those sales people cold call? Do you believe you have a job without your company making sales and aquiring new customers? Just a question

I hate to say it, but you know who is the WORST with the calls and intrusive antics by phone mail or any other way they can reach you?

Charities.

Give five bucks to a single charity and within a week youll have every charity under the sun haranging you like mad.

I hate to say it, but you know who is the WORST with the calls and intrusive antics by phone mail or any other way they can reach you?

Charities.

Give five bucks to a single charity and within a week youll have every charity under the sun haranging you like mad.

562988[/snapback]

Now how in the world would you know that????

Michaela is still waiting to see if you are buying girl scout cookies!

Now how in the world would you know that????

Michaela is still waiting to see if you are buying girl scout cookies!

562995[/snapback]

One option might be to donate via a money order therefore preserving your anonymity.

I like to donate to charities but I also do not like to be swarmed!!!

G, if you spend your time doing that, i would hate to have your life :blink:

Seriously, who does your wife, and you for that matter , work for. Do they have sales people? If so, do you think those sales people cold call? Do you believe you have a job without your company making sales and aquiring new customers?  Just a question

562556[/snapback]

My wife has her own business, NO sales people, does not do cold calls and can not answer calls anymore without being bothered by telemarketers (many of them have moved to calling small businesses since they are not protected) so does not even bother answering phone anymore and only checks messages. Yes they are cold collers and yes she has a job without making cold calls.

And who I work for does not matter since I am doing it on my day off.