Move Peters Back to TE

Why not continue to use him at a position that he's been succeeding at?  I don't think it necessary to switch him back to TE.  RT looks like a good position for the Bills as long as Jason Peters remains there.

561134[/snapback]

I don't know where him "succeeding at the" position comes from..>Ever since

this guy replaced a injured/dog-housed Mike Williams, the RUnning game has

been atrocious....

been atrocious....

561745[/snapback]

Partially true, but can we blame it all on a rookie? This would be similar to putting all the blame on JP for our lousy passing game, no? :w00t:

been atrocious....

561745[/snapback]

That's because of the sh-- playcalling. They were sending Willis head-on between the tackles nine times out of ten. Any time he went to the outside he busted for 5 or more - or longer, only to have it negated by a WR holding call.

Am I the only one left that would like to see Peters at TE. The success that Levy had with Thurman can be tied to Pete Metzalaars...can you imagine a 350lb TE clobbering people to spring McGahee or, even catching the ball with his 4.5 speed?

I think we waste him within the OL

561126[/snapback]

:w00t::D

Two things:

1. Peters is not 350 lbs

2. Peters never ran a 4.5, he ran a 4.9

As a TE, he is big and slow with average hands. As an OT, he has potential to be above average. No brainer.

Partially true, but can we blame it all on a rookie? This would be similar to putting all the blame on JP for our lousy passing game, no?  :w00t:

561753[/snapback]

I am not blaming him...I just don't understand how everyone keeps calling

Peters at RT as a very successful tenure.....Especially the guy whom he replaced

was opening up decent holes for the running game...

Peters just like Losman hasn't shown anything...I am a big Losman fan and

dearly would love to see him succeed, if the coaches will let him play....but

I am not praising or blaming Losman for his success or failures....But at the

same time I am not going round trumpeting how successful Losman was

last season....

I would love all our young players to take charge of things and play like they

can and capable of playing.....It includes Losman, Peters, Evans, McGahee,

Preston, Everett, Anderson, Crowell, Clements, McGcee, King....These guys

represent the nucleus of the future Bills team.......

Unfortunately the way this current coaching staff has acted in the 2nd half

of the season, these guys might all get a raw deal.....I wish they had really

fired Mularkey and hired Sherman....

I am not blaming him...I just don't understand how everyone keeps calling

Peters at RT as a very successful tenure.....Especially the guy whom he replaced

was opening up decent holes for the running game...

561768[/snapback]

Are you talking about Jerman? Because that guy is capital-A AWFUL.

Peters just like Losman hasn't shown anything...

561768[/snapback]

Peters handled Julius Peppers and several other top tackles in the pass rush. He was work to do in the run game. He was on the practice squad last year. The kid has progressed amazingly. To say he hasn't shown anything is pure folly.

Am I the only one left that would like to see Peters at TE. The success that Levy had with Thurman can be tied to Pete Metzalaars...can you imagine a 350lb TE clobbering people to spring McGahee or, even catching the ball with his 4.5 speed?

I think we waste him within the OL

561126[/snapback]

What! And remove the building block for our offensive line. :w00t:

Are you talking about Jerman?  Because that guy is capital-A AWFUL.

561776[/snapback]

According to Bills Daily.com, Jerman got the best score of anyone on the offensive line.... :devil:

I wouldn't rush him to LT- or Ferguson if we draft him. Give either a year or so at LG, before putting them at such a crucial position- look at how Leonard Davis grew into the position

561249[/snapback]

Davis failed at LT this year. Green has already said he is moving back inside and they are signing a LT or drafting one.

Let's hope he progresses better then Davis. :devil:

Peters handled Julius Peppers and several other top tackles in the pass rush.  He was work to do in the run game.  He was on the practice squad last year.  The kid has progressed amazingly.  To say he hasn't shown anything is pure folly.

561776[/snapback]

In one of the few bright spots of play calling this year, the coaches recognized when peppers went off the field and went to a no huddle. The Bills were successful in those situations as it seriously hurt the pass rushing ability. Once Peppers was back on the field the offense struggled.

... The success that Levy had with Thurman can be tied to Pete Metzalaars...

Gotta disagree here. The success Marv had with TT can be directly tied to the five OLmen he had, four of whom received Pro Bowl honors and a fifth (RG John Davis) who deserved it. Additionally, the K-Gun (named for TE Keith McKellar whom often split wide and caused matchup problems) really spread the field for TT to find all sorts of running room.

Metzalaars, while a nice guy, was nothing special as a TE. He's the only player I can think of who had TD reception nullified because he was called for holding. Metz was a pedestrian (at best ) TE.

... The success that Levy had with Thurman can be tied to Pete Metzalaars...

Gotta disagree here. The success Marv had with TT can be directly tied to the five OLmen he had, four of whom received Pro Bowl honors and a fifth (RG John Davis) who deserved it. Additionally, the K-Gun (named for TE Keith McKellar whom often split wide and caused matchup problems) really spread the field for TT to find all sorts of running room.

Metzalaars, while a nice guy, was nothing special as a TE. He's the only player I can think of who had TD reception nullified because he was called for holding. Metz was a pedestrian (at best ) TE.

562074[/snapback]

agreed - he was a big step down from mckeller. still better than what we have now, though ...

Are you talking about Jerman?  Because that guy is capital-A AWFUL.

Peters handled Julius Peppers and several other top tackles in the pass rush.  He was work to do in the run game.  He was on the practice squad last year.  The kid has progressed amazingly.  To say he hasn't shown anything is pure folly.

561776[/snapback]

No...Mike Williams...

I am not saying he has not shown improvement...But to say that he was

very successful at the RT position is foolish....especially considering the

downgrade we had in the running department.