Owens....

YOOOOOO

Eagles have granted Owens agent permission to seek a trade....and im seeing all these national media heads saying no team will trade for him...because the Eagles will just cut him....and you can get him for free....

HUH???

His market value will never be lower then it is right now.....if you trade for him...you get exclusive rights to talk to him/his agent and work a long term deal out, apposed to getting into a bidding war with a bunch of other teams(when he is "free")......

Local heads here in NYC are saying the Jets have already contacted the Eagles about sending there newly acquired 4th rnd pick for Owens....Herm Edwards(an great motivator but average on the field coach for Terrel Owens)...nice trade off if you ask me.....

Eagles have granted Owens agent permission to seek a trade....and im seeing all these national media heads saying no team will trade for him...because the Eagles will just cut him....and you can get him for free....

HUH???

His market value will never be lower then it is right now.....if you trade for him...you get exclusive rights to talk to him/his agent and work a long term deal out, apposed to getting into a bidding war with a bunch of other teams(when he is "free")......

Local heads here in NYC are saying the Jets have already contacted the Eagles about sending there newly acquired 4th rnd pick for Owens....Herm Edwards(an great motivator but average on the field coach for Terrel Owens)...nice trade off if you ask me.....

561002[/snapback]

Actually, if you trade for him, you are taking on his original contract, the 7 year 49 million one, where hes due roughly 7 million in bonuses this spring. Thats why no one will trade for him. No one wants a malcontent for that much money.

561002[/snapback]

You are basing your analysis on two faulty assumptions:

1) That TO will recognize his market value and negotiate a reasonable or below-price long-term deal.

2) Teams actually want TO--let alone, want him enough to start a bidding war.

Actually, if you trade for him, you are taking on his original contract, the 7 year 49 million one, where hes due roughly 7 million in bonuses this spring. Thats why no one will trade for him. No one wants a malcontent for that much money.

561005[/snapback]

Working out a deal where the trading team (PHI in this case) eats some of their agreed-to contract $$$ is not uncommon. I guess that the 7M bonus would only kick in if he is an Eagle next year.

Working out a deal where the trading team (PHI in this case) eats some of their agreed-to contract $$$ is not uncommon.  I guess that the 7M bonus would only kick in if he is an Eagle next year.

561020[/snapback]

Cinci, I do not think than can happen in the NFL. However, I would likr to see the NFL adopt a policy whereby the acquiring team could pay the trading team the remainder of what is left on a pro rated bonus. I think that could really stimulate trading, which is practically n on existant in the NFL.

However, I do not think the NFLPA would go for that, as they would rather see the player get cut in most instances to get another bonus.

wel since marv levy has staed he only wants"high character guys"  i figured terrel owens is a "high character" and we can trade eric moulds to philly for him! lol lol

561338[/snapback]

TO is a high character guy. He thinks really highly of himself, and always acts and sounds like he's high.

The Jets? They are $40 million over the cap for next season or some insane number like that. I'd like to see the Jets get him. They would have TO and 52 undrafted, rookie free agents just to get under the cap.

TO and Rosenhaus are going to want just as much, if not more money, than his Eagles contract. They will get it too. TO is going to Dallas so everyone else should stop the nonsense right now. Rosenhaus is planting stories about "a number of interested teams" to get a bidding war going and get the highest contract he can for TO from Jerry Jones (who will no doubt overpay). Why does anyone even care?

The Jets? They are $40 million over the cap for next season or some insane number like that. I'd like to see the Jets get him. They would have TO and 52 undrafted, rookie free agents just to get under the cap.

TO and Rosenhaus are going to want just as much, if not more money, than his Eagles contract. They will get it too. TO is going to Dallas so everyone else should stop the nonsense right now. Rosenhaus is planting stories about "a number of interested teams" to get a bidding war going and get the highest contract he can for TO from Jerry Jones (who will no doubt overpay). Why does anyone even care?

561585[/snapback]

as long as t.o has crazy talent people will care and overpay and put up with his bs.when he stops catching td's noone will care........and a happy t.o can be productive.

Not to mention the new team would have to pick up that nice roster bonus, which I doubt he'll recoup in a signing bonus. I think this guys attitude and continued problems, despite his ability, makes him unwanted by the vast majority of teams. And those that would want him, surely don't want him under his existing contract. They would likely want a contract laden with clause regarding his behavior and have them tied to the team's ability to recoup any signing bonus.

He's a nightmare. I wouldn't take him no matter how badly I needed a WR. Guys like that don't change, ever. When you're 32, you're attitude and characteristics are what they are. He won't change. He promised change in SF and Philly and it was only to get a fat contract.

Would you rather have free agent Reggie Wayne or this malcontent? And don't say "Well, Wayne's a no. 2 and doesn't have prototypical no. 1 size. He's Peerless Price."

I'm not saying based on production, I'm saying on everything. Leadership, production, in the locker room, dollars, etc.

I think not. That being said, he'll get a disgusting contract from some idiot team.

561002[/snapback]

There's the problem.