i think mularkey intended the fake qb sneak vs. kc

Try and discover the most difficult/complex/re-tarded way to gain 1 yard on 4th down?

1. Insert immobile,noodle-arm QB

2. go on long snap count

3. flare out RB into flat

4. roll immobile qb out to the right

5. turn around and throw across the field

6. lose 3-5 yards in the process

7. ???

8. gain 1st down

9. profit

Try and discover the most difficult/complex/re-tarded way to gain 1 yard on 4th down?

1. Insert immobile,noodle-arm QB

2. go on long snap count

3. flare out RB into flat

4. roll immobile qb out to the right

5. turn around and throw across the field

6. lose 3-5 yards in the process

7. ???

8. gain 1st down

9. profit

560953[/snapback]

you need 20 steps for it to be a valid entry!

Hey, the play worked once for a touchdown against Seattle. Like all trick plays, when it works, it's genius...and when it doesn't, it was stupid.

If you look at the tape, KC just played it well--a guy was assigned to McGahee, in case they threw the ball to him in the flat, which caused Holcolmb to hesitate and get plastered.

Hey, the play worked once for a touchdown against Seattle. Like all trick plays, when it works, it's genius...and when it doesn't, it was stupid.

If you look at the tape, KC just played it well--a guy was assigned to McGahee, in case they threw the ball to him in the flat, which caused Holcolmb to hesitate and get plastered.

560961[/snapback]

And any moron should know that KC was going to scout the tendencies for fourth-and-one. They were ready for it, especially with Willis positioned where he was.

That trick play was brilliant when he used it the first time. It should have retired for _years_ after that.

And any moron should know that KC was going to scout the tendencies for fourth-and-one.  They were ready for it, especially with Willis positioned where he was.

That trick play was brilliant when he used it the first time. It should have retired for _years_ after that.

561013[/snapback]

Maybe you're right--but I think coaches tend to use trick plays on defenses they think they can trick. For instance, we've done unexpected onsides kicks in the past; should we retire that play since other teams know we might try again? I'd say no--the Bengals ST didn't see it coming a few weeks ago.

Maybe you're right--but I think coaches tend to use trick plays on defenses they think they can trick. For instance, we've done unexpected onsides kicks in the past; should we retire that play since other teams know we might try again? I'd say no--the Bengals ST didn't see it coming a few weeks ago.

561245[/snapback]

No, but I'd venture to say a team's tendencies on 4th-and-1 are higher on the list of things to prepare for than the onside kick in the middle of a game. And no matter what lip service a coach does to Special Teams, it's never going to get the same level of attention as Defense.

I recall after the last regular season game that the Jets were almost laughing about the Bills tendency to throw to Shelton in the flat. When you look at the KC play and the Jets game together, it says volumes about the Bills' Quality Control efforts (or lack thereof).