Talk about bad luck

Scraps

Always properly dispose of rodents....From Yahoo News

FORT SUMNER, N.M. - A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Always properly dispose of rodents....From Yahoo News

FORT SUMNER, N.M. - A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

560662[/snapback]

See? That's why you just stomp 'em.

If I didn't enjoy your avatar so much I would point out that this was posted yesterday (perhaps twice).  For any of you hoping for a better view of WVUs honey click on his user name.

560772[/snapback]

Is she on the WVU website?

The story is false.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/5973746/detail.html

561072[/snapback]

I knew it!

The whole story reeks of a classic urban myth setup:

NM (a place close to home)... And fire chief is given (gives credibility)

Extremely dry weather in that region.

etc.. etc..

My biggest question: why burning leaves in this kind of weather? And in the winter?

:w00t::D

I knew it!

The whole story reeks of a classic urban myth setup:

NM (a place close to home)... And fire chief is given (gives credibility)

Extremely dry weather in that region.

etc.. etc..

My biggest question: why burning leaves in this kind of weather?  And in the winter?

:w00t:  :D

561503[/snapback]

Because he's an idiot? :blink: He didn't have insurance and managed to burn down his own house.

I actually thought there might have been some truth to the story, but I expected to find out later that his house was insured and the mouse had been doused in lighter fluid.

Something smells "ratty."  Why was this maroon burning leaves during a dry spell with threat of fire great?

And what kind of cave did he live in that it burned down?

I want answers to my ????'s dammit!

:w00t:  :D

559614[/snapback]

It's Bush's fault. If he would have had the Corops of Engineers build a better levee system between this guys leaves and his house it never would have happened. We need to raise taxes, give more to the ACOE to build a burning leaf levee for everyone in this country. :blink:

It's Bush's fault.  If he would have had the Corops of Engineers build a better levee system between this guys leaves and his house it never would have happened.  We need to raise taxes, give more to the ACOE to build a burning leaf levee for everyone in this country.  :(

561685[/snapback]

:(:lol:

I don't think a "burning leaf levee" is authorized in the US Constitution? Maybe they can? But, they would probably have to find a way to "tie" it into commerce.

Now if our founding fathers would have just included an "environment clause"... Katy bar the door!

:lol::D

:(  :(

I don't think a "burning leaf levee" is authorized in the US Constitution?  Maybe they can?  But, they would probably have to find a way to "tie" it into commerce.

Now if our founding fathers would have just included an "environment clause"... Katy bar the door!

:lol:  :lol:

564667[/snapback]

duh.... the water would just put the fire out and run right through over and around the leaves.............

when the levee breaks we'll have no place to stay, and some wet nasty leaves to clean up later

I was JOKING, going back to my original response with VA and you... If that wasn't obvious.

Sometimes water can catch on fire, as did the Cuyahoga (Cleveland) River did when it caught fire in 1969.

564730[/snapback]

water that burns...brilliant! :(