Trey Teague won some award

OnTheRocks

I would like to take "Silly awards that mean absolutely nothing" for $200. Alex.

Meyer Products Present Award to OL Teague

Buffalobills.com

01/09/2006 11:06 PM

Meyer Products, the Official Snowplow of the Buffalo Bills, recognized center Trey Teague as the winner of the Meyer Offensive Lineman of the Year Award for outstanding performance on the field. Fans voted online and at participating Meyer Dealerships for an opportunity to win a trip to Hawaii to see Pro Football's best play in February.

"I would like to thank Meyer for this opportunity, and to the fans for their votes," said Teague.

"Meyer would like to thank the fans for participating and Trey Teague for his outstanding play on the field. We are proud of our relationship with the Buffalo Bills," said Pete Robison, Director of Marketing for Meyer Products.

The winning lineman received a Meyer-branded Carhartt jacket and trophy. The presentation took place at the Bills practice facility.

Meyer Products headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio is an industry innovator and pioneer beginning in 1926 with their invention of the automobile snowplow. Today, Meyer offers a comprehensive lineup of snow and ice control equipment including snowplows, mounting systems, and salt spreaders that cover every application. Meyer is celebrating its 80th year in business.

Thank You! That was so weird I was affraid to open the article at Two BillsDrive. What was this award put in front of us so we can feel all sorts of warm and fuzzy? I'll take wins, thank you very much.....That said I am pretty sure Teague would too!

"Fans voted online and at participating Meyer Dealerships"

I betcha they had SOME turnout. Perhaps the only people aware of this vote were TT's friends and family.

Bizarre indeed.