Saban contacts Dom Capers about position.

PIZ

Hopefully, Buffalo was one of those other teams.  He would be smart to go to Buffalo.  If Mularkey falters, he would have a shot at being the HC.

Sun-Sentinel

559967[/snapback]

going to buffalo using this logic would only be smart if a) he doesn't believe in mularkey and doesn't like him personally, and b) thinks he can succesfully undermine from within.

that's hardly something i would like to see.

going to buffalo using this logic would only be smart if a) he doesn't believe in mularkey and doesn't like him personally, and b) thinks he can succesfully undermine from within. 

that's hardly something i would like to see.

560007[/snapback]

Take the other side of the coin. If Bills' D improves by leaps & bounds, his stock would rise dramatically. Since Saban is a D coach, some of the luster in Miami may wear off.

Take the other side of the coin.  If Bills' D improves by leaps & bounds, his stock would rise dramatically.  Since Saban is a D coach, some of the luster in Miami may wear off.

560018[/snapback]

but is capers that desperate to be a head coach again? perhaps, but i suspect that the houston experience had to have been pretty wearing on him.

Bring in Cottrell. A guy who knows Buffalo and was very good coordinator for us with two top 2 defenses in the league. He is not married to a system and will adapt. Players love the guy and play hard for him. Considering his connection with Marv I think it is likely he could be back.

Bring in Cottrell.  A guy who knows Buffalo and was  very good coordinator for us with two top 2 defenses in the league.  He is not married to a system and will adapt.  Players love the guy and play hard for him.  Considering his connection with Marv I think it is likely he could be back.

560026[/snapback]

i agree with these comments.......marv loves the guy and it's a no-brainer that cottrell should be back in buffalo.......it will be a welcome sight to see CB's actually playing near the line of scrimmage, not 10 yards deep!

Bring in Cottrell.  A guy who knows Buffalo and was  very good coordinator for us with two top 2 defenses in the league.  He is not married to a system and will adapt.  Players love the guy and play hard for him.  Considering his connection with Marv I think it is likely he could be back.

560026[/snapback]

good choice-

a former Bill who has failed miserably in 2 stops after Buffalo.

If you bring in Cottrell, you better bring Wade Phillips back with him.