dont really get the love affair with vince young

Johnny

sure i'd rather have a scrambling qb and his size is great, but he's a decent passer 6' 5" guys who turn into running backs are excellent targets for nfl type missiles

think he can be a good pro but he's not accurate like a rothlesberger or elusive enough to avoid hits like a vick..........think vince young will be an average pro

not elusive like vick? have you seen him play and make people miss..he will be better than Vick, he is still very young, I think he's going to be a good one in a few yrs.

559134[/snapback]

yeah i've watched him play about 12 games in the last couple years

in the nfl he wont run anyone over he'll run out of bounds....in the nfl he'll be 1/3 the scrambler of a michael vick

yeah i've watched him play about 12 games in the last couple years

in the nfl he wont run anyone over he'll run out of bounds....in the nfl he'll be 1/3 the scrambler of a michael vick

559137[/snapback]

he's 6'5, 233, I don't think he is going to worry about nfl defenders, 3000 yrd passing and over 1000 rushing this season, he will be something special..he's a playmaker

sure i'd rather have a scrambling qb and his size is great, but he's a decent passer 6' 5" guys who turn into running backs are excellent targets for nfl type missiles

think he can be a good pro but he's not accurate like a rothlesberger or elusive enough to avoid hits like a vick..........think vince young will be an average pro

559130[/snapback]

I'd have to respectfully disagree with your assessment. Granted, we are just trying to predict the future, which is a crapshoot.

BUT, I think Vince Young does have the accuracy and the elusiveness to succeed in the NFL as a starter. You compare his elusiveness skills to Vick. Jeez, it's not fair you picked the most elusive QB ever to play in the history of the NFL!

However, Vince Young can flat out move, not just pure speed, but the ability to just move 2 feet and let a guy dive right by him. He is not a run first QB. His delivery style is a little weird, but he puts the ball on the money. He had the accuracy problems 2 years ago but he was a changed man this year.

he's 6'5, 233, I don't think he is going to worry about nfl defenders, 3000 yrd passing and over 1000 rushing this season, he will be something special..he's a playmaker

559143[/snapback]

6'5 and injured does you absolutely no good..............who wants their multimillion dollar qb taking licks from nfl types.................most college defenders simply dont make it to the pros...............the guy is a huge target and it would be great if he could throw like rothlesberger.....but he cant

6'5 and injured does you absolutely no good..............who wants their multimillion dollar qb taking licks from nfl types.................most college defenders simply dont make it to the pros...............the guy is a huge target and it would be great if he could throw like rothlesberger.....but he cant..........what you see at the ncaa level will change...he'll run out of bounds or throw the ball away.....

559145[/snapback]

I'd have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.  Granted, we are just trying to predict the future, which is a crapshoot.

BUT, I think Vince Young does have the accuracy and the elusiveness to succeed in the NFL as a starter.  You compare his elusiveness skills to Vick.  Jeez, it's not fair you picked the most elusive QB ever to play in the history of the NFL!

However, Vince Young can flat out move, not just pure speed, but the ability to just move 2 feet and let a guy dive right by him.  He is not a run first QB.  His delivery style is a little weird, but he puts the ball on the money.  He had the accuracy problems 2 years ago but he was a changed man this year.

559144[/snapback]

i could pick vick or mcnaab.(without a hernia).......cause in college they all 3 made plays similarly..........the deal is mcnaab could become a pocket passer, Vick a scramber..........Young a pick thrower

6'5 and injured does you absolutely no good..............who wants their multimillion dollar qb taking licks from nfl types.................most college defenders simply dont make it to the pros...............the guy is a huge target and it would be great if he could throw like rothlesberger.....but he cant

559145[/snapback]

im a little confused with your point, the risk of injury is always there in the nfl, no one can predict on that and most qbs in the nfl are multimillionares out there taking hits..maybe you mean because of his elusiveness he is more prone to get hurt, if he trys to run the ball..maybe so but thats his game..what he did this season was nothing short of amazing, why try to be negative on him and just enjoy what he may become..unless you just hate him

im a little confused with your point, the risk of injury is always there in the nfl, no one can predict on that and most qbs in the nfl are multimillionares out there taking hits..maybe you mean because of his elusiveness he is more prone to get hurt, if he trys to run the ball..maybe so but thats his game..what he did this season was nothing short of amazing, why try to be negative on him and just enjoy what he may become..unless you just hate him

559156[/snapback]

you just made my point.....thats his game...........hey my hat is off to one of the greatest ncaa quarterbacks to ever play the game, his game does not translate into a great nfl quarterback

i'd rather have losman

you just made my point.....thats his game...........hey my hat is off to one of the greatest ncaa quarterbacks to ever play the game, his game does not translate into a great nfl quarterback

i'd rather have losman

559161[/snapback]

well I understand your point, but if your point is that you'd rather have Losman than Young then I question that entirely??Losman is a scramber and maybe one of the most inaccurate passers ever, the jury is still out on Losman

i'd rather have losman

559161[/snapback]

also to try and predict whether his games translates or not into a good qb at this time is pointless..only time will tell, we just see him going opposite ways

well I understand your point, but if your point is that you'd rather have Losman than Young then I question that entirely??Losman is a scramber and maybe one of the most inaccurate passers ever, the jury is still out on Losman

559167[/snapback]

but losman has proven pinpoint accuracy at the ncaa level...accuracy always has the ability to graduate football levels.......you can thank his handlers for his lack of progress.........

:unsure:

I was reading this thread, thinking it was going to!

559172[/snapback]

i'll be dead wrong if he develops as a passer then his size speed and elusiveness will be put him in the elite.......if he does prove accurate at the next level he could be one of the best, just dont see it right now

the biggest thing Big Vin has going for him is not, his ability to run, not his monster arm or freakish size, not his cofidence in the game, its his character and ability to lead. He's a smart and wholesome person that his teammates respect and will take care of. Vick would have been better if he had a better line and didnt get injured so much, McNabb is a proven qb. The only thing that Vince doesnt have going for him is his side arm passing and throwing mechanics, but you know what it doesnt matter because he makes great decisions and has enough power the way he throws now. JP may have a better arm but he can't run through Offensive line man like a hot knife throw butter. Sure Vince will get a reality check real quick, but he's got the right attitude to prosper.

i'd rather have losman

ok johnny, you just lost it.

You mean to tell me that you would rather have a quarterback who:

-is 1-7 as a pro starter

-whose only pro win came against the worst team in the league

-whose college career was largely spent playing the likes of Louisiana Monroe and Army - and when they did play a great team like texas they lost 49-0.

than a quarterback who:

- had what is likely the single greatest performance of any college football player EVER, and did this in the most important game of the year, if not decade.

- is the most efficient passer in NCAA football

- who is 30-2 as a starting college quarterback

- has won the MVP of the two most important football games he has ever played in