ps2 problems

Get an Xbox, it will solve all PS2 related problems like poor framerate, external memory cards, no Dolby Digital 5.1 support, no Hi-Def support, external broadband adapters, etc, etc. :D

If you REALLY want to stick with PS2, check out a GameStop or Electronic Boutique in your area. They oftentimes have used/refurbished consoles for sale at pretty decent (when compared to new) prices.

Good luck!

Usually on the playstation 2, its stops reading discs because of a dirty lens on the cd reader. Everytime mine stopped reading discs, I opened ithe ps2 up and took a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and lightly swabbed the lens and dusted out the rest of the inside. Its not too hard to take apart the ps2, you just need to find where all the screws are. However, be warned that as soon as you open it up, the sony warranty becomes void and you can not send it in to sony anymore.

Usually on the playstation 2, its stops reading discs because of a dirty lens on the cd reader.  Everytime mine stopped reading discs, I opened ithe ps2 up and took a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and lightly swabbed the lens and dusted out the rest of the inside.  Its not too hard to take apart the ps2, you just need to find where all the screws are.  However, be warned that as soon as you open it up, the sony warranty becomes void and you can not send it in to sony anymore.

2096[/snapback]

We Windex the discs. :lol: It works. Really.

EB is selling new PS2's for $149.00.  Trade in the broken unit and get $40.00 off.

2063[/snapback]

are they really giving $40 for broken PS2s?? I called Gamestop and asked them about it, mine makes clicking noises and doesn't read all the time and makes very annoying sounds, and they said they can only give $15 for PS2s even if it is something easy to fix. If EB gives $40, I'll get a new one today!! are you sure this is the deal?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you have it on its side, i believe its more prone to scratch the lens and have a hard time reading the disks. If that's not it, think of the ps2 simply as a cd player. take it apart and clean the lens

are they really giving $40 for broken PS2s??  I called Gamestop and asked them about it, mine makes clicking noises and doesn't read all the time and makes very annoying sounds, and they said they can only give $15 for PS2s even if it is something easy to fix.  If EB gives $40, I'll get a new one today!!  are you sure this is the deal?

2123[/snapback]

I believe so. I did it a while back. How do you think they get the refurbs to sell? Give them a call and see if they still offer it.

i called them, they give $30 store credit no matter what condition... pretty good, but I may sell mine on ebay, people are getting $30-$50 for systems that won't even power on, and mine just makes clicking noise and won't play all the time, but always at least reads the disc... I may be able to get $50 on ebay...

are they really giving $40 for broken PS2s??  I called Gamestop and asked them about it, mine makes clicking noises and doesn't read all the time and makes very annoying sounds, and they said they can only give $15 for PS2s even if it is something easy to fix.  If EB gives $40, I'll get a new one today!!  are you sure this is the deal?

2123[/snapback]

I had this problem. Just open the tray up, and take some compressed air and clean as much as you can on where you put the disc and on the "inside" where you opened it.

You may need to do it a few times, but it should then work fine.

I had this problem.  Just open the tray up, and take some compressed air and clean as much as you can on where you put the disc and on the "inside" where you opened it.

You may need to do it a few times, but it should then work fine.

2321[/snapback]

Thank you so much !!!

I did the compressed air and as predicied it took two times but it is now up and running !

thanks again .

Archived