After Peyton's first playoff loss

Can the same now be said for his brother?

Or is there is a double standard because Eli is playing in NY?

Im not supporting this thought, which is why I hope Peyton win its all and sticks it right to the media who loves to formulate opinions on players entire careers withing 1-2 years.

I love the way the "experts" call Tom Brady a winner when he never won anything big in college either, and won his SB's thanks mostly to his defense. Well this year Manning has a defense that's, while not as good as the Pats' defense the past few years, championship caliber. We'll see how it all shakes out but I also look forwards to a good number of people being shut up.

Can the same now be said for his brother?

Or is there is a double standard because Eli is playing in NY?

Im not supporting this thought, which is why I hope Peyton win its all and sticks it right to the media who loves to formulate opinions on players entire careers withing 1-2 years.

559097[/snapback]

Eli's awful today, but he's still young, and I don't really mind him too much.

Then again, I've lived in the Baltimore area for 15 years now with a lot of friends, and he doesn't play for the Indianapolis Giants. :lol::unsure: So I'd love to see Peyton Gump get jacked up next week by whoever. :lol:

Obviously Eli did not play well, but you can't hang this loss on him. The defense was terrible: Foster averaged 6 yards a carry and Smith beat his coverage all day. On offense, Tiki and Plexiglass did nothing. Carolina came to play.

:unsure:

Still sticking with that sorry routine?  Weird, I didn't notice the refs knocking down any of Leftwich's passes.

I never said the refs had anything to do with yesterday, or that the Patriots were going to lose to the Jags. In fact, nowhere did I ever say the Jags would win yesterday, given their overrated 12-4 record, the fact that they were a warm weather team playing in freezing conditions, and especially with them starting Leftwich.

Just saying it's ironic that you think that someone will shut up just because they're proven wrong.  It's certainly never stopped you.

Yeah I know what you were saying. Like I said above, I can't predict what the refs will do, or what the Pats will do the their field. :unsure: But I DID say last year was legit.

And Manning winning would shut up those who say he can't win the big one. Unless they get some major ref help, which is possible.

Yeah I know what you were saying.  Like I said above, I can't predict what the refs will do, or what the Pats will do the their field. :unsure: But I DID say last year was legit.

And Manning winning would shut up those who say he can't win the big one.  Unless they get some major ref help, which is possible.

Enough with the ref stuff. No one's ever won or lost a game solely because of the refs.

Enough with the ref stuff.  No one's ever won or lost a game solely because of the refs.

There have been quite a few games in which a team would have won had the refs not made a bad/wrong call/non-call. The "just give it to 'em" game was one such example that I'm sure you'll recall. If they make the correct call on Brown's non-catch, the Pats turn the ball over on downs, the Bills kneel down to win, and the Bills get a home playoff game against the Dolphins and likely make it to the 2nd round. In fact, during that season (1998) there were at least 5 games (including 1 in the playoffs) in which the refs cost a team the win, and a major reason why IR came back.

Yeah I know what you were saying.  Like I said above, I can't predict what the refs will do, or what the Pats will do the their field. :unsure: But I DID say last year was legit.

And Manning winning would shut up those who say he can't win the big one.  Unless they get some major ref help, which is possible.

559165[/snapback]

Peyton's failure to get to even get to the SB and to not even have delivered a lot more playoff W's to the team that drafted him than that idiot Ryan Leaf (Leaf's record of playoff W's for SD is 0 while Manning is somewhere arounf 3 or 4 playoff W's heading into this season) says a lot more about what it takes to win in the NFL and reach the ultimate goal of getting to the SB, than it says anything about how good Manning is as a player.

Like Dan Marino, Peyton is clearly one of the best there ever has been at playing QB.

However, getting Ws in this game is all about the team.

No single player, no matter how good he is at his position is going to get your team to the SB by his lonesome.

In fact, the main judgment regarding Manning as far as this goes is that his cap hit has been so huge, it actually has made it difficult (actually impossible) for Indy to build a team around him capable of even making (much less winning) the SB.

This year they MAY do it because:

1. Polian has done a great job getting Manning the help he needs in terms of a WR to throw to and an RB to run the ball to even allow Indy to have a productive O even with the best QB in the league.

2. They got the bestD HC in the league to turn the sow's ear of an underinvested D into a silk purse.

3. Polian has done a great job assessing players and negoiating contracts to give them the ST which is just as essential as a good QB to thm winning.

4. The idiot Vanderjagt has been drop-dead accurate.

The irony here is that while both good QB play and good play by many other aspects of the are essential to winning it all so Manning is necessary. I can actually see Indy having had an easier time of doing what they are trying to do if they had Trent Dilfer instead of Manning and the extra help his cap value would have provided Polian, than the current high wire act they are doing.

However, getting Ws in this game is all about the team.

Exactly. Offense sells tickets, defense wins SB's. Again I don't think anyone in their right mind can say that Manning has had a good defense since he's been in Indy, much less a defense as good as Brady's. Marino never did either, and he also didn't have a running game. And when you don't have to carry a team, it's easier to play looser.

Enough with the ref stuff.  No one's ever won or lost a game solely because of the refs.

559173[/snapback]

Oh, really? Short memories you Pats fans have. Somewhere in Hades, Satan has a flaming contract with Bob Kraft's signature in blood.

PTR