Jags losing and salary cap etc

RLflutie7

The Jags losing last night to the Patroits is another example of why the NFL can be such BS sometimes.

The Jags started the wrong QB. According to many, including the NFL networks Rod Woodson, the backup should have gotten the call. They did so, because, in my mind Leftwich is their No. 1 draft pick and biggest financial investment. Therefore, if they would have started the No. 2 guy and lost then the fans would have thrown a fit as to why the No. 1 drafted player was sitting on the bench in the playoffs. Much like how Reggie Bush was standing on the sidelines in the Rose Bowl.

Therefore it's the owner who is making the decision and not the head coach. And it's the head coach who is taking the blame when things are go bad.

That's the difference between the Patroits and the rest of the league. Bill B. benched Bledsoe, the franchise player, in favor of a sixth round draft choice and the owner didn't step in and veto the move.

Remember when the Chiefs started Elvis Grbac instead of Rich Gannon in the playoffs. I do because my Broncos went on the win the Superbowl after Grbac gave us the game. That's was Marty's call. At least that's what we were told.

I'm sure you also remember Ralph Wilson stepping in and forcing Wade Phillips to start RJ in the playoffs. RJ didn't lose the game and he had the game won. But he didn't put any points on the board either. If the Bills would have scored more points like say in the mid to high 20's or low 30's people wouldn't have said Flutie should have started.