Lovie Smith, Coach of the Year

Fezmid

Lovie Smith deserves it. He put together a great defense this year. Add in a healthy Rex Grossman for the playoffs, look out, they could win the NFC.

Props to Lovie and I don't mean to steal his thunder in this thread, but did anyboyd else find it strange when he sat Rex Grossman in the regular season finale when the guy had only had 1 start under his belt this year?

I'd kind of figure if the guy who was going to be starting in the postseason for me had only started 1 game all year that I might want to make sure I got him as many reps as possible before the playoffs started.

he made a team that has been destroyed by injuries the whole season win their division, as well as losing two of the best coordinators in the game.

558422[/snapback]

He coaches in the AFC East... Not exactly a powerhouse. 'Nuff said.

CW

Props to Lovie and I don't mean to steal his thunder in this thread, but did anyboyd else find it strange when he sat Rex Grossman in the regular season finale when the guy had only had 1 start under his belt this year?

I'd kind of figure if the guy who was going to be starting in the postseason for me had only started 1 game all year that I might want to make sure I got him as many reps as possible before the playoffs started.

558441[/snapback]

It's possible that they thought that Rex Grossman tore his ACL on that exact field last year, so they didn't want a repeat of what happened.

I am not convinced with the "Monsters of the Midway" yet.

Of the 5 games they lost... 3 were to the AFC.

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

and Cincy

The others were Washington and Minnesota (season finale).

Ya, they beat the schizo Panthers, Buccs, and Falcons... Everybody else flat out sucks.

I will wait and see.

558441[/snapback]

Yeah, but it's Rex Grossman. Seeing as he takes a serious injury every other game he plays, he might as well take it in the playoffs instead of a meaningless game.