Solving the BILLS problems is SIMPLE

VIPP

I'd like to bring Williams nto camp with a redone contract that allows him to be cut- I comletely agree with your assessment of putting him at RG.

Haven't seen D'Brickshaw Ferguson play, so I have no opinion on him. Just don't forget- left tackle is a very tough spot for a veteran, much less a rookie- if somehow we got him, don't be surprised to see him at LG for a year or 2, while Gandy remains at LT- look at what Arizona did with Leonard Davis before giving him the LT spot.

Pittsburgh immediately inserted Marvel Smith at LT, and that was a disaster.

Marv has made it very clear that he wants character players, with that said, there is no way we replace Eric Moulds with a Rod Gardner, Antonio Bryant, or David Terrel. Since they have all been busts anyways, what makes you think they could become a starter and be successful?

I agree, but to TD's credit, the Bills DO have cap room AND the ability to overspend on a good player if need be.

I don't think that TD's cap management was a factor in what ledto his demise as GM.

Not at all.

558827[/snapback]

As a general principle, the more good players you have, the more you have to spend and the less room under the cap you should have. Given the lack of talent on our roster, it shouldn't be a surprise that we have lots of room under the cap. You have to wonder whether all that cap room came at the cost of victories.

We have the 8th pick in the draft because we are the 8th worst team in the entire league. That should mean that we rank 8th in available cap space. I wonder where we rank on cap space vs. our draft slot.

I would love to divide the money we spent by the number of wins generated and compare that to other teams to see just how efficiently we spent our money.

As a general principle, the more good players you have, the more you have to spend and the less room under the cap you should have.  Given the lack of talent on our roster, it shouldn't be a surprise that we have lots of room under the cap.  You have to wonder whether all that cap room came at the cost of victories.

559833[/snapback]

:doh:

Shhhhhh...

As a general principle, the more good players you have, the more you have to spend and the less room under the cap you should have.  Given the lack of talent on our roster, it shouldn't be a surprise that we have lots of room under the cap.  You have to wonder whether all that cap room came at the cost of victories.

We have the 8th pick in the draft because we are the 8th worst team in the entire league.  That should mean that we rank 8th in available cap space.  I wonder where we rank on cap space vs. our draft slot.

I would love to divide the money we spent by the number of wins generated and compare that to other teams to see just how efficiently we spent our money.

559833[/snapback]

Another general principle is that there will be cycles in which a football team will flat out suck. Of course, we took this cycle long term because TD had little interest in making our team strong up front on either side of the ball. His preference was to draft tiny little gadget players, injured "skill players" or other small pass catchers. He also thought that giving away the store for a qb and tossing him in there with no competition was a good idea.

Now, we just might have a chance to spend money where it should be spent. Bently and Hutchinson are UFAs. We can make them a huge offer which the 4-10 jests cannot, because they are 30 million dollars over the salary cap.

This is why I am hoping that players such as Moulds, Williams and Adams are cut. We are 5-11 with these overpaid, whining, aching, geriatric stiffs. They are the problem, and I cannot see how they will be a part of any long term solution. Can you? What interest do these bums have in the long term health of the Buffalo Bills Football Team?

Watch Mick. If Marv does things right, the Bills can be a very good team in 2 years, and cap room will be a prime factor in making it happen.