Here's what the Bills should do now

1billsfan

Well, we need a quarterback who can operate the k-gun, and I haven't seen anything in Losman yet that would indicate he has the brains for it.  Further the team has to be operating from the same page, and I sure haven't seen that yet. Still further, since the K-gun doesn't use up a lot of time, I'd think we'd have to shore up our defensive line tremendously.  That being said, I'm not ready to say that Losman definitely does not have the brains, that the offense (with some quality additions on the o-line) doesn't have the capacity for operating on the same page, or that with the mere addition of two great defensive linemen, might not be of the caliber to make it work.  I don't think the k-gun would work next year...but maybe the year after.

558866[/snapback]

It seemed to me that JP was much more productive when he was running the hurry up offense. I don't have the numbers but it's just my recollection. I think the Bills should incorporate this into their offensive philosophy. Full time? Maybe not. But I think that JP Losman is the type of player that is a bit more comfortable when things are a little bit caotic. Wasn't this his MO as a college player? The kid's got wheels, he'd have McGahee, Evans, Parrish, Moulds ect. so he does have the weapons to tire out defenses in a hurry if he were given a non-traditional attack. Let's face it, was there a team in the league that was more predictable than the Bills on offense? Was there a team that had more troubles in the red zone? Sometimes drastic measures are in order. This team must set their sites on beating Belichek and Saban for the next 5 to 10 years, whatever offense they're running needs to get thrown out the window. They need to run whatever offense the players they do have will thrive on. I think the k gun or something close to it would suit the players we have. Of course to make this work we need to add at least 2 quality offensive lineman on this team, that's a given.