I really do understand the apprehension

Adam

I think Mularkey was an unknown quantity, even after the season ended- he coached 2 pretty bad teams, and had one winning season, one losing......we could move on because of the uncertainty, but it could prove costly.

Now, with and almost completely new staff, and new leadership, we really don't know what Mularkey is or isn't capable of at all.....putting a guy in a new environment could change things a lot.

I think this year will be more about evaluating the roster than the coach- unless it is determined that he has no leadership skills, whatsoever, I think he definitely will be back at least one season beyond the upcoming one. I just don't see our roster improving by leaps and bounds in one season- although fixing the lines could leave us in contention for a wildcard near the end of the season.

I'm much less concerned about Levy- he weeded out the problems on the team in the first go around, and I think he'll weed out anyone in the front office that isn't willing to put in the extra effort, and buy into his vision. He along with Modrak will find guys that want to win- not just talented guys- and in turn, that will help Mularkey- the best leader as a coach is the one that can partially delegate the leadership responsibilities to the leaders on the team.

I hope Mularkey is up to the task, and manages to stick around. I don't like everything about his coaching style, but there are positives, and he seems like a likable person.

I think this year will be more about evaluating the roster than the coach- unless it is determined that he has no leadership skills, whatsoever, I think he definitely will be back at least one season beyond the upcoming one. I just don't see our roster improving by leaps and bounds in one season- although fixing the lines could leave us in contention for a wildcard near the end of the season.

558211[/snapback]

Exactly HOW much evaluating does this roster need???????

Aside from JP who still does need some evaluation/experiance, exactly who do we need to "evaluate" ....... and if your answer is we have to evaluate the O-line ..... even a dumbshit like me can tell you it stinks. If we spend all season "evaluating" either the O-line, or the WRs, or the RBs ....... where does that leave us with the QB "evaluation"?????? I for one am not looking forward to throwing another year away (and maybe throwing another QB under the bus) while saying ...... if we only had a line ......

IMHO ....... if the past brain trust (and I use that term loosly) couldn't "evaluate" our roster by the last few seasons tape review, mini-camps, preseasons, training camps, practices, and game performances they should have been fired ...... which looks like the direction we are taking .......... now if the current/future "brain trust" is incapable of evaluating our roster by tape review, mini-camp, preseason, and training camp .......... RW should fire all of them (including every player on the team) ....... forefit the season, and start from scratch the year after next.