Posluszny won't need knee surgery

/dev/null

After reading your posts all these years, I'm sure your explanation would have been more eloquent than mine. :D

Me? Eloquent? Surely you jest.

P.S. Is it too early to look forward to the draft party at RWS?

558078[/snapback]

Wowie, we even get a first-round pick! Too bad I don't rate an invite to that soiree. (Hafta see if I can swipe one of my stepdad's tix for this year's, maybe...)

Not if they switch to a 3-4.  :D  If Gray is in fact gone then we have no idea what kind of defense we'll see on the field.  I'd take Adams in the middle with Schoebel on one side and a legitimate DE on the other side.  The question is, which DE is available in free agency to fill the roll?  Kelsay just hasn't impressed me with his ability to shed blocks or put pressure on the QB.

558055[/snapback]

OK Mike, let's look at Sam Adams this past year.

He was asked to play a two gap style, to which he either refused or played poorly leading to his disagreement with the coaches and was benched. Now it's said here that he will be fine as our nose tackle, in which tying up blockers would become his primary function?

I'm sorry, but that assumption is based wishful thinking, not reality.

In fact, Sam has been a single gap, penetrating type of tackle his whole career. This leopard would not be changing his spots anytime soon.

He will be if and when he announces he's entering the draft....alot of juniors will be coming out this year because of the new cba in 2007..........he did win the butkis award and espn draft has him lasting until late first round to N.E.{replacement for teddy?} Joe pa said he's better than conlan was and jack ham said he's the best lb ever at penn st........it's all speculation of course on my part.......we need immediate impact starter from that pick thats all I'm saying and OL just don't offer that sort of garuantee.........just looking for something to talk about  other than bitching about the oldman and his buddy.........  :D

558009[/snapback]

i dunno, i think he is a good player without the tools to be a top guy at the next level.

don't think he is worth a 1st.

hawk and that kid from bama are leaps and bounds ahead of this guy IMO.

i could see a kid like him take over for london in our D with the athletes we have at LB.

Moreso than your arrogance?  Ya think you could have toned this down a bit?

558057[/snapback]

tcali is the smartest man alive.

he is the only one who is smart enough to know that aaron schobel is garbage and that all of his sacks come against garbage teams in garbage time, even tho he tore it up on the road against NE and cincy.

if he were a soldier he would be the only one in step on parade

The d line is fine if they switch to the 3-4 and spikes will never be the same, I don't count on spikes being very effective until mid-season........he will lose alot of speed with that injury in all likely hood.....ol needs to be fixed with free agents...we need experience not rookies on the ol...

557989[/snapback]

I think you're wrong about Spikes. I think he's one of the guys that will come back even stronger next season. He a very hard and dedicated warrior.

I think you're wrong about Spikes.  I think he's one of the guys that will come back even stronger next season.  He works as hard as any player in this league.

558239[/snapback]

I agree with you, but that type of injury take a lot of rehab to come back from. His foot was essentially detached from his leg, so he might not be full speed for quite some time, regardless of how he works.

I think you're wrong about Spikes.  I think he's one of the guys that will come back even stronger next season.  He a very hard and dedicated warrior.

558239[/snapback]

Well I hope I'm wrong about spikes, but the track record for that injury isn't to promising.

A guy can be a dedicated warrior and hard worker but that is one hell of a hurdle to overcome.