Posluszny won't need knee surgery

/dev/null

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282895

call me a homer, but i'd love to see Paul Posluszny in a Bills uniform

557774[/snapback]

I`m with ya. This kid is a player and Fletch is getting a little long in the tooth. We need a come up in the hole and Smack you in the face player and this kid has it :D

Count me in as I think this will be the bills first pick if he comes out early. From what I hear he will.

557861[/snapback]

I would love to know your sources as to what the Bills, four months prior to the draft and with a day-old GM, are thinking for their first-round pick. Can this guy play OL??

I would love to know your sources as to what the Bills, four months prior to the draft and with a day-old GM, are thinking for their first-round pick.  Can this guy play OL??

557903[/snapback]

The ref. to he will means he will enter the draft early......as far as the bills picking him that is just my gut feeling .......the bills need a sure bet and he's it as long as they get some ol help in free agency ........rookie lineman don't usually make that much of a difference their first year, again that is my opinion ..........rookie linebackers as good as this guy or hawk can make a huge impact their first season ......the bills need help up the middle and poslusny is the man for the job........shane conlan was the 8th pick in the draft.....just a prediction.......

Its just my opin, but drafting an ol with the 8 pick isn't going to have the immediate impact others are counting on.........

The ref. to he will means he will enter the draft early......as far as the bills picking him that is just my gut feeling .......the bills need a sure bet and he's it as long as they get some ol help in free agency ........rookie lineman don't usually make that much of a difference their first year, again that is my opinion ..........rookie linebackers as good as this guy or hawk can make a huge impact their first season ......the bills need help up the middle and poslusny is the man for the job........shane conlan was the 8th pick in the draft.....just a prediction.......

Its just my opin, but drafting an ol with the 8 pick isn't going to have the immediate impact others are counting on.........

557949[/snapback]

The Bills need help in the middle of their DL not their LBs. We have much more pressing needs with the OL and DL and we will be able to get an excellent player in 1 of those positions with the 8th pick.

The Bills need help in the middle of their DL not their LBs. We have much more pressing needs with the OL and DL and we will be able to get an excellent player in 1 of those positions with the 8th pick.

557968[/snapback]

The d line is fine if they switch to the 3-4 and spikes will never be the same, I don't count on spikes being very effective until mid-season........he will lose alot of speed with that injury in all likely hood.....ol needs to be fixed with free agents...we need experience not rookies on the ol...

The d line is fine if they switch to the 3-4 and spikes will never be the same, I don't count on spikes being very effective until mid-season........he will lose alot of speed with that injury in all likely hood.....ol needs to be fixed with free agents...we need experience not rookies on the ol...

557989[/snapback]

the d line is'fine' if they switch to the 3-4???????-your ignorance is appalling.

is this guy even a top 5 lb in this years draft?

557994[/snapback]

He will be if and when he announces he's entering the draft....alot of juniors will be coming out this year because of the new cba in 2007..........he did win the butkis award and espn draft has him lasting until late first round to N.E.{replacement for teddy?} Joe pa said he's better than conlan was and jack ham said he's the best lb ever at penn st........it's all speculation of course on my part.......we need immediate impact starter from that pick thats all I'm saying and OL just don't offer that sort of garuantee.........just looking for something to talk about other than bitching about the oldman and his buddy......... :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282895

call me a homer, but i'd love to see Paul Posluszny in a Bills uniform

557774[/snapback]

Okay, you're a homer. So am I. :D

After all, Shane Conlan is a big part of the reason I became a Bills fan in the first place.

There are more pressing needs elsewhere (did I hear the offensive and defensive lines mentioned? Thought so...), but if Marv could find a way to address them and still get him here? Sign me up for a Puz jersey right now.

the d line is'fine' if they switch to the 3-4???????-your ignorance is appalling.

558000[/snapback]

well you've really added to the conversation....fat sam can't play nose tackle?

Is he to big for that postion? I've never claimed to be an expert, but apparently you are..if I'm ignorant than how come I can tell that you are a jack-stain?????

557968[/snapback]

Not if they switch to a 3-4. :D If Gray is in fact gone then we have no idea what kind of defense we'll see on the field. I'd take Adams in the middle with Schoebel on one side and a legitimate DE on the other side. The question is, which DE is available in free agency to fill the roll? Kelsay just hasn't impressed me with his ability to shed blocks or put pressure on the QB.

well you've really added to the conversation....fat sam can't play nose tackle?

Is  he to big for that postion? I've never claimed to be an expert, but apparently you are..if I'm ignorant than how come I can tell that you are a jack-stain?????

558031[/snapback]

I don't think that nose tackle is a good position for Adams. He is much better off in a 4-3 with a big body next to him, someone who can command double teams.

Adams is excellent at shooting the gaps, perhaps one of the best in the NFL. This was the big issue with Mularkey this year. Adams was being asked to play the Pat Williams role of crowding the line. Adams wants to do his thing in the gaps.

I just can't see him being an effective nose tackle.

I don't think that nose tackle is a good position for Adams. He is much better off in a 4-3 with a big body next to him, someone who can command double teams.

Adams is excellent at shooting the gaps, perhaps one of the best in the NFL. This was the big issue with Mularkey this year. Adams was being asked to play the Pat Williams role of crowdng the line. Adams wants to do his thing in the gaps.

I just can't see him being an effective nose tackle.

558058[/snapback]

Good point, i hadn't thought of that aspect. Although as long as the ILB's know where he's going it's easy enough to cover the gaps. I'd have to believe that Adam's running free in the backfield is a bigger issue for teams than an uncovered LB.

Good point, i hadn't thought of that aspect.  Although as long as the ILB's know where he's going it's easy enough to cover the gaps.  I'd have to believe that Adam's running free in the backfield is a bigger issue for teams than an uncovered LB.

558061[/snapback]

The bigger issue, would be your ILB's getting torn up by guards, because Sam will get sealed off by the center while attempting to dive into the backfield...

The bigger issue, would be your ILB's getting torn up by guards, because Sam will get sealed off by the center while attempting to dive into the backfield...

558066[/snapback]

Thanks for saving me the trouble. I like Sam, but 3-4 NT wouldn't seem to be his normal position.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. I like Sam, but 3-4 NT wouldn't seem to be his normal position.

558072[/snapback]

After reading your posts all these years, I'm sure your explanation would have been more eloquent than mine. :D

P.S. Is it too early to look forward to the draft party at RWS?