Guess we won't be drafting Marcus Vick

Rubes

The Falcons are gonna rue the day they chose Vick over Tomlinson.  Hell they gave the Brees in that trade too.

557685[/snapback]

Chargers actually used their own 2nd round choice to pick Brees.

The trade is

Falcons got 2001 #1 overal (Vick)

Chargets got 2001 #5 overal (LT) + 2001 3rd round, #67 (T.Cody) + 2002 2nd round, #48 (R.Caldwell) + T.Dwight

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted the article about the ref saying that the whole Hoakie squad was out of control... Especially in the first half.

What about the Hoakie that was flailing swings towards the ref (never did connect though)... He was ejected.

Before the second half kickoff... The ref said that he would be throwing flags till midnight if this crap doesn't get under control!

To say that this doesn't represent the whole VT staff flies in the face of how the refs (I think they were Big 12) said they never heard the amount of trash being tossed around until they did this years Gator Bowl.

Isn't this where (VT) Bruce Smith "learned" his showboating tricks? Wouldn't surprise me if it is culture there... Going way back.

Seems VT is backpeddling and trying to put some spin on an insidious problem.

Now that's he's got the boot, I imagine the replay will be all over the place so maybe I'll catch it tonight or in the AM.

I guess it comes down to the difference between a stomp and a step, and what may have preceded it during the game. If he just stomped on a guy out of frustration, then New Mexico deserves whatever he gets. But stepping on guys, if done with subtlety, is a good way to get back at dirty SOB's and I have to admit here that stepping on people is something I have done in the past and will continue to do any time a receiver gets anywhere near my knees. I've never stomped on a guy for no reason, but there have been several instances where I'll check and make sure a ref isn't looking then casually step on a downed receivers hand/fingers when he's gone after my knees or given me a kidney shot earlier in a game.  :D

557929[/snapback]

Here is the clip

Here is the clip

557961[/snapback]

All right, unless that guy grabbed Vick's sac and twisted earlier in the game, that's a chiceknshlt move. Even if he had some reason to exact some revenge, you just don't go anywhere near guys' knees, and that's right where Vick put the cleat to him and then ground it in for good measure.

What a freakin knucklhead. :D

I didn't see the game, but I saw the stomp today on SC.

What happened next? Any kind of brawl break out? Did Dumervil keep playing?

557977[/snapback]

The ref was looking away... Yet, gave him a 15 yarder... The ref said after the game (Trib article) that if he would have saw it, he would have ejected Marcus Vick. The ref even APOLOGIZED for not being on top of it and looking away.

Like I said... A total "brat" move, it is so obvious.

He will be a steal......I bet.........he has attitude yes..........I even gave him a hard time about his play.......but he is an accurate thrower............unlike his brother.......

he just needs to develop.........he will be a starter somewhere............like I said.....somewhere.......the qbs in the nfl don't last for long anymore.....if they don't win, and he won't have the pressure like young to be the winning qb fast

i haven't read this thread, but my guess is that Marcus Vick will go undrafted and be a FA. 

i think NFL GM's are tired of the nonsense.

558146[/snapback]

I think he goes in the 3rd round if not sooner.....people like running qbs........

The Dolphins need a QB. New Mexico and Ricky could share a room and marijuana joints! The Patriots could use some depth at the QB position. New Mexico and Harrison could share stories about how to get away with cheap shots. The Titans need a mobile QB to be the heir to McNair. New Mexico and Travis could share underage girls!

did jim williams get ejected for taking swings?

damn, that guy is about the top rated DB in the draft.

i wanted him to get drafted high letting another big man fall to us

sucks

558222[/snapback]

He bumped a ref and was kicked out. I don't think the incident will hurt his draft stock very much as he's an outstanding prospect. Vick on the other hand is unpolished and reckless IMO. I don't think he's anywhere near his brother's level at this point.