What would you do?

I am not a MM fan but none of us know the real stories regarding Sam Adams and Eric Moulds. Let's just say that Sam was not giving 100% and needed his butt kicked a little... wouldn't you as a head coach bench him if nothing else worked? How about Eric... regardless why it happened, if he told off a coach and refused to play (if true), wouldn't you suspend him? Losman/Holcomb... who was actually making the decisions?

Losing control of the team? I don't know, but until we know the full stories (probably never), how can we judge him regarding this issue?

Now his play calling is another issue...

Hopefully this isn't a Bill only thread. :lol:

Of all the things that have happened this week, MM staying is my least favorite--by a long shot. We don't know how tightly he was micromanaged, but those play calls were enough to make me sick. My hope is that the team is able to attract coordinators and assistant coaches who will be able to get this team to perform. My faith in MM is lower than low, hope I'm wrong.

I am not a MM fan but none of us know the real stories regarding Sam Adams and Eric Moulds. Let's just say that Sam was not giving 100% and needed his butt kicked a little... wouldn't you as a head coach bench him if nothing else worked? How about Eric... regardless why it happened, if he told off a coach and refused to play (if true), wouldn't you suspend him? Losman/Holcomb... who was actually making the decisions?

Losing control of the team? I don't know, but until we know the full stories (probably never), how can we judge him regarding this issue?

Now his play calling is another issue...

556840[/snapback]

Lets just say that he should never have gotten the job and turn the team into a mess and make it worse than it was before you were given the keys...

Mistake to keep him, but it looks like we are stuck with it. Let's see if he learns something in the next year. To have coached a game like Miami in his SECOND year here tends to make me very dubious...but we have to live with it even if it means another bad to mediocre season before we rebuild. I believe Levy will take over the draft and cure the line problems (as if everyone doesn't know that is what has to be done.) and after MM gets fired next year the new coach will have a good chance for success.

Mistake to keep him, but it looks like we are stuck with it.  Let's see if he learns something in the next year.  To have coached a game like Miami in his SECOND year here tends to make me very dubious...but we have to live with it even if it means another bad to mediocre season before we rebuild.  I believe Levy will take over the draft and cure the line problems (as if everyone doesn't know that is what has to be done.) and after MM gets fired next year the new coach will have a good chance for success.

556890[/snapback]

What justification can there possibly be for keeping him as HC but requiring him to gut his whole staff- other than not eating his remaining contract.

There sure isn't much continuity.

Looking at who the Bills have on the schedule next year:

Home: Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Green Bay, Minnesota, San Diego

Away: Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore

That's not that soft of a schedule. If Mularkey opens the season 0-2 or 1-3 again, it will be ugly, man. Very ugly. There is no way to predict how they will do, but his recent coaching decisions have been brutal, and he gives me no reason to think it's going to be any different.

They better get some good coordinators for him, but if what we have heard is true (someone correct me if I heard this wrong in the numerous press conferences), and he gets to pick them, then next year will be more of the same. I don't think my TV can take another beating like this past year.

I think all coordinators have to challenge the head coach at times, and that was not happening in Buffalo.

Mularkey will have a short leash, for sure, but I think it's a leash that has to be given. I'd like to see a strong-willed OC that will challenge Mike come in, though. I think that would improve things greatly.