Oh my God

Adam

But you have a sense of humor, because David Letterman abused Bill O'Reilly.  :)

557102[/snapback]

What is this obsession you have with Bill O'Reilly and David Lettermen? What in the world does that have to do with minimizing the Abu Ghraib mess and what it cost us in terms of our credibility among the very people whose "hearts and minds" we are trying to win? If I laugh at Lettermen calling Bill O'Reilly's schtick "60% crap", does that mean I also have to find stripping detainees naked and slapping their balls funny as well or risk being seen as a hypocrite? The military's own reports and subsequent courts martial found that real abuse, assaults and the like have occurred. You'll just have to pardon me if I don't see Abu Ghraib as either America's finest hour or as funny as Lettermen calling one of the countless screeching pundits out there, a load of crap.

What is this obsession you have with Bill O'Reilly and David Lettermen?  What in the world does that have to do with minimizing the Abu Ghraib mess and what it cost us in terms of our credibility among the very people whose "hearts and minds" we are trying to win?  If I laugh at Lettermen calling Bill O'Reilly's schtick "60% crap", does that mean I also have to find stripping detainees naked and slapping their balls funny as well or risk being seen as a hypocrite?  The military's own reports and subsequent courts martial found that real abuse, assaults and the like have occurred.  You'll just have to pardon me if I don't see Abu Ghraib as either America's finest hour or as funny as Lettermen calling one of the countless screeching pundits out there, a load of crap.

560978[/snapback]

far be it from me to speak for someone else...but i think what he was saying is, you can see the humor and sarcasm in what Letterman said, but you can't see the sarcasm in my post.

don't get your panties in such a knot.

i read the sarcasm....having said that...i have read some of your posts.  i don't think there is anything that makes you proud to be an American.

557064[/snapback]

Actually, the prosecution of those responsible was a very proud moment but then again, I'm not one of those who has difficulty loving my country on the one hand and looking at its mistakes honestly on the other. Many members of my family have served their entire professional lives in the military and so I don't take it lightly when a handful of moronic freaks trash its reputation as happened at Abu Ghraib. Nor do I typically, when I am in a heated argument resort to calling into question the patriotism of those with whom I disagree. Or their faith for that matter.

far be it from me to speak for someone else...but i think what he was saying is, you can see the humor and sarcasm in what Letterman said, but you can't see the sarcasm in my post. 

don't get your panties in such a knot.

560980[/snapback]

Try a smiley face next time rather than the ADesque :) .

What is this obsession you have with Bill O'Reilly and David Lettermen?  What in the world does that have to do with minimizing the Abu Ghraib mess and what it cost us in terms of our credibility among the very people whose "hearts and minds" we are trying to win?  If I laugh at Lettermen calling Bill O'Reilly's schtick "60% crap", does that mean I also have to find stripping detainees naked and slapping their balls funny as well or risk being seen as a hypocrite?  The military's own reports and subsequent courts martial found that real abuse, assaults and the like have occurred.  You'll just have to pardon me if I don't see Abu Ghraib as either America's finest hour or as funny as Lettermen calling one of the countless screeching pundits out there, a load of crap.

560978[/snapback]

I couldn't care less about Letterman and O'Reilly. It's your hypocrisy I'm obsessed with.