Stan Van Mularkey

In Marv's last season as Bills' Head Coach, there were a lot of posts against Marv. One theme was -he's only hanging around so he can set the record for oldest coach in history. I wonder how many of those posters are praising Marv today, after 6 straight years of no playoffs.

Me, put me in the skeptic column. I don't know what Marv will be doing to sign free agents & how he's going to handle the draft...but the main problem I have with Marv is that I think he still wants to coach & I can see Stan Van, err Mike Mularkey suddenly finding a need to "spend more time with his family" in the middle of next season and Pat Ril, err Marv Levy suddenly returning to the sidelines and wishing poor Mike the best with the extra time he can devote to his family.

The Heat have a much better basketball team than the Bills have a football team. I think the difference is Riley saw they were a contender and felt that he couldn't live with himself if HE wasn't the guy on the bench when they won their next championship.

Here, I think Levy just wants to coach again and he knew if he helped to retain Mularkey, MM would be an easy guy to replace whenever Marv feels he can justify it. Levy did this in 1986, with the help of his buddy, Bill Polian. From the moment Polian was named GM, Levy was going to be Bills coach. Now I believe, from the moment Levy was named GM, Levy was going to be Bills coach.

Here, I think Levy just wants to coach again and he knew if he helped to retain Mularkey, MM would be an easy guy to replace whenever Marv feels he can justify it.  Levy did this in 1986, with the help of his buddy, Bill Polian.  From the moment Polian was named GM, Levy was going to be Bills coach.  Now I believe, from the moment Levy was named GM, Levy was going to be Bills coach.

556216[/snapback]

What would be wrong with that?

The Heat have a much better basketball team than the Bills have a football team.  I think the difference is Riley saw they were a contender and felt that he couldn't live with himself if HE wasn't the guy on the bench when they won their next championship.

Here, I think Levy just wants to coach again and he knew if he helped to retain Mularkey, MM would be an easy guy to replace whenever Marv feels he can justify it.  Levy did this in 1986, with the help of his buddy, Bill Polian.  From the moment Polian was named GM, Levy was going to be Bills coach.  Now I believe, from the moment Levy was named GM, Levy was going to be Bills coach.

556216[/snapback]

well the bills do have talent! add two guys to the o-line and maybe marv helps big mike williams with his new contract guard status and haslett or teddy cottrell reintroduce our 3-4 defense..we could go to contender status right off.i think we have good enough linebackers right now to be a 3-4 and even keep jeff posey in there.seeing marv at that conference today i have no doubt in my mind he can still coach!

Would MM settle in as OC (and accept) and be given expansive powers?

??

How could he not?

Kinda like working on a project with your venerable grandfather. After a while, seeing you dabble to the point of frustration, says: "Give me that youngen! Let me show you how it is done!" Are you gonna say no, sulk and huff off? Heck no!

:D

The real question about this whole thing is:

Will FFS (Fake Fat Sunny) go back to his original handle?

0:):D

Let's just bring Lou Saban back to complete the trio of grump old men.

556249[/snapback]

What is wrong with grumpy old men? Like Cable said, take a happy pill! :D

I am 37 and have all ready stated that I will be a grumpy old man... But, I will do it with a smile (does that really make me grumpy?).

Look out StuckInCincy... I am perfecting my lines:

"Get off the grass!"

"Pick-up that garbage!"

"Let me show you how it is done, whipper-snapper!"

0:)

"Will be"?  Christ, man, you already are.  0:)

:P

556404[/snapback]

:D:D I like to think I am in "training." :D

How is this for grumpy?:

With all the snow and early freeze I had to resort to my "grumpy man mode" and throw up my "anti-snowmobile" defenses on my lawn. Now this, weather in the 40's and rain... All the snow is gone. I had to unwillingly 86 any plans of thwarting the S.O.B.'s and return my lawn to something more respectable than a Normandy beach on D-Day!

God, works in strange ways... Maybe he is just protecting my arse while I am still young?

:D

What is wrong with grumpy old men?  Like Cable said, take a happy pill! :D

I am 37 and have all ready stated that I will be a grumpy old man... But, I will do it with a smile (does that really make me grumpy?).

Look out StuckInCincy... I am perfecting my lines:

"Get off the grass!"

"Pick-up that garbage!"

"Let me show you how it is done, whipper-snapper!"

0:)

556274[/snapback]

Things have gone downhill ever since the do-gooders decided that a man could no longer have a fence around his front yard to keep the riff-raff at bay. :D

Would MM settle in as OC (and accept) and be given expansive powers?

??

How could he not?

Kinda like working on a project with your venerable grandfather.  After a while, seeing you dabble to the point of frustration, says:  "Give me that youngen!  Let me show you how it is done!"  Are you gonna say no, sulk and huff off?  Heck no!

556260[/snapback]

MM would do anything to save his job. :D

But I don't know if I buy the OP's take. Marv would have to have seriously huge cahones to think he could get away with taking over for MM like that. He was on the outside looking in with Bullough, not high-profile as now.... there'd be some serious spinning at OBD if that ever happened.

Things have gone downhill ever since the do-gooders decided that a man could no longer have a fence around his front yard to keep the riff-raff at bay. :D

556538[/snapback]

I hear you brother!

They keep shooting down my permit. I think it is the constantine wire? Next time, I am gonna leave that part out.

0:):D