why stay if your Mularkey?

Sheesh, the guy has to fire all his staff, have a gm watch over his shoulder the whole year, possibly get replaced by a coordinator if he loses 2 in a row.....not an ideal situation if you ask me

555481[/snapback]

No, it's not...in sports or elsewhere. Sure looks like a set-up - perhaps a way to force a "quit" and put his contract $$$ back into team pockets. Cincy owner Mike Brown pulled that off - twice. Although Wyche took him to court, and got the money.

Because he is going to be a head coach. Where else could he get a HC job. Even if he left for another HC position.  He still is going to have a different staff. This question is lame lol.

555497[/snapback]

I think it's a valid question, and there are two answers I can think of.

1. MM is a wuss and is afraid he'll never get another job in the NFL if he walks.

2. MM is a Kevin Costner look alike stud and he knows he can get the team turned around.

You pick.

Sheesh, the guy has to fire all his staff, have a gm watch over his shoulder the whole year, possibly get replaced by a coordinator if he loses 2 in a row.....not an ideal situation if you ask me

555481[/snapback]

Because he is getting a crap load of money to perform his dream job. Only 32 people in the world get those positions.

Why would anybody quit with that kind of scratch still on the table? It's better to get sh---canned and collect the severence. He was considered a good coordinator at one time, it's not like he'll be out of a job for a long time. Just look at Gilbride.