Sullivan bashers need to lighten up!

firstngoal

I totally agree with him, a fresh start? my arss!

It couldn't be any further away!

There is NO FUTURE in Marv and MM! None...Nota!!

His penny pinching ways will keep this franchise below mediocrity for the next few years.

And the sad part is Ralph doesn't even realize it!!

I don't always agree with Sully's articles but he tells it like it is, No CANDY COATING!

I totally agree with him, a fresh start?  my arss!

There is NO FUTURE in Marv and MM!  None...Nota!!

His penny pinching ways will keep this franchise below mediocrity for the next few years.

I don't always agree with Sully's articles but he tells it like it is, No CANDY COATING!

555408[/snapback]

O.K. Mr. Sullivan...Err.. I mean Mr. Firstngoal.

I totally agree with him, a fresh start?  my arss!

There is NO FUTURE in Marv and MM!  None...Nota!!

555408[/snapback]

Maybe Mr. Wilson doesn't realize it, because he knows more about football, sports, and life in general than Jerry Sullivan.

But you can always get a certain demongraphic to side with negativity. Thats why he and the kiddies over at WGR have jobs

Maybe Mr. Wilson doesn't realize it, because he knows more about football, sports, and life in general than Jerry Sullivan.

But you can always get a certain demongraphic to side with negativity. Thats why he and the kiddies over at WGR have jobs

555415[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of those guys on GR but think about it, IF we had a decent Football team it would be much harder for those guys to remain negative.

However, if it sucks it sucks! It's hard to talk nice about something bad if its BAD!!!

"DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER"

From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman: "Don't shoot the messenger. Don't blame the person who brings bad news. This idea was expressed by Sophocles as far back as 442 B.C. and much later by Shakespeare in 'Henry IV, Part II' (1598) and in 'Antony and Cleopatra' (1606-07) The word kill may be used as a substitute for 'shoot.'" Related saying: "Don't shoot the piano-player; he's doing the best he can. Don't hurt innocent people. Originated in the United States in the Wild West, around 1860.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/3/messages/520.html

I figured I would turn on WGR this morning to here Simon hold intelligent conversation about what took place yesterday. Sadly it appears Simon has fallen to the depths of the Dope and the poodle. All I heard for 20 minutes as how old Ralph is and how old Marv is and how at that age they can do little more than wet themselves and due to their age they have no idea how to run a football team. Man was I dissappointed.

Howard say it isn't so!!!!! You've succumbed to the mindless type of babble that the dope and the poodle are the poster boys for!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of those guys on GR but think about it, IF we had a decent Football team it would be much harder for those guys to remain negative.

However, if it sucks it sucks!  It's hard to talk nice about something bad if its BAD!!!

555429[/snapback]

I figured I would turn on WGR this morning to here Simon hold intelligent conversation about what took place yesterday.  Sadly it appears Simon has fallen to the depths of the Dope and the poodle.  All I heard for 20 minutes as how old Ralph is and how old Marv is and how at that age they can do little more than wet themselves and due to their age they have no idea how to run a football team.  Man was I dissappointed.

Howard say it isn't so!!!!!  You've succumbed to the mindless type of babble that the dope and the poodle are the poster boys for!!!!!

555453[/snapback]

Once again! They are telling it like it is!!

What part of what they said did you think was wrong??

If you think that hiring Marv was a good idea, then I feel sorry for you!

:lol:

However, if it sucks it sucks!  It's hard to talk nice about something bad if its BAD!!!

555429[/snapback]

Actually, no it wouldn't- 55 points isn't enough....that one bad read shouldn't happen.

When the player toldthe fans they were #1, he meant to flip the bird.

Those guys compared Mr. Wilson and Coach Levy to Muppets, for God's sake. They've completely ruined what Howard Simon was- I wish that guy would leave and never return

WOW!  Thats pretty harsh!!  :lol:

555472[/snapback]

Dud- he compared our owner, and possibly our GM to muppets! He's talked about whether applesauce is a condiment! He's debated the value of different superpowers!

What credibility could he possibly have left! He was awesome on Empire, but has just become one of the other juvenille delinquents along with Schopp, White, Bulldog, Riter, and Hamilton.

All they do is try to find things to make fun of and mock. Coach Levy or Wilson could do their jobs better than the WGR people could run a football team

Dud- he compared our owner, and possibly our GM to muppets! He's talked about whether applesauce is a condiment! He's debated the value of different superpowers!

555477[/snapback]

I listened for a bit this morning but didn't hear that part.

I will say this, Howard has seemed to become more unprofessional since he left Empire for GR.

There must be something in the water at the watercooler at that place!

I listened for a bit this morning but didn't hear that part.

I will say this, Howard has seemed to become more unprofessional since he left Empire for GR.

There must be something in the water at the watercooler at that place!

555514[/snapback]

No- they just like to be negative to rile fans up. It doesn't matter if they are right- some fans will buy into anything negative as being true.

WGR has an agenda, and so does Jerry Sullivan- its NOT to tell it like it is, but to sell papers and increase ratings, and they do that by being negative. They have to because neither they nor management are any good at what they do.

Do I think Marv Levy will do a good job as GM? Maybe, maybe not. Capability and results are two different things.

Do I think he is capable- absolutely, 100%, and no doubt. Yes, I understand that he does not have experience atthe NFL level as a GM- but I somewhat beg to differ on that point. Coach and GM are VERY similar positions- both have to surround themselves with the best possible people- good people, and talented people.

Now good people doesn't mean "nice" people as Schopp argued (just to try to kill a good point a caller made that was more articulate than himself). Good means that they are not self serving, and will do what it takes to make the organization better- and that you can trust them.

Levy always was excellent at surrounding himself with good people- and always was very loyal to them.

Will he clean house, and bring his people in the first year? No- he won't rush things....he is not into the MTV way of doing things a mile a minute- he will evaluate what is here, then adjust to it accordingly.

Levy is a true leader, and people will naturally gravitate to him, and follow him.

I never had the pleasure to speak with him, but I did run into hima few times as an intern, and you can tell what a commanding presence the man has just by being in the same room as him.

I'm very pleased and excited he's with the Bills again

The day Sullivan "hits the nail on the head" is the day he reports the day of the week correctly....and I doubt he is capable of that.

556134[/snapback]

I think he meant to say Bob Villa hit the nail on the head :P