Anyone live in Memphis TN?

The Poojer

The Mississippi River Mueseum is really cool... With a scale model of the Mississippi River and its tributaries that actually doulbes as a wading area... You can walk through the water.  I was there in 1997, I can't remember if it is with the aquarium?

558556[/snapback]

Didn't work out too well for Jeff Buckley in the Wolf River off of Beale.... :D

Didn't work out too well for Jeff Buckley in the Wolf River off of Beale.... :doh:

558595[/snapback]

You wouldn't jump in the Niagara River, just as you wouldn't jump into parts of the Mississippi... Especially near tributaries, islands, backwaters and sloughs... And never near locks and dams... :D:unsure: The drowning machine is at work and too great. There are tremendous flows and currents in spots... Even ones that look peaceful on the surface. Below St. Louis, the lower MS is deep enough so man-made locks/dams aren't needed... But, other hazards exist.

Semi-relevant Upper MS link

Semi-relevant River Link... "Drowning Machine"

I don't recommend actually going into the river... Stay in the museum's wading model.

Jeff was actually in the Wolf River around Mud Island... The museum is on Mud Island... Along with the actual model/wading area.

It is amazing what kind of power say a 5,000 hp vessel can do and what kind of turbulence is created alongside it at the stern. Small vessels are no match, let alone a swimmer.

It blows my mind what people do... Makes me glad to know it is winter up here.

:lol::lol::(