Kidding

It looks like the Bills found the perfect advertising pitch to make me keep my season tickets next year.

1) Ralph Wilson as President and taking a more active role.

While surely a great guy and league hero and loyal person to Buffalo, I am sure Ralph's astute knowledge of the game has probably passed him by. Plus, if you have heard him talk anytime in the past several years, it might take twenty five minutes for him to say "Yes, I like this guy". Don't really have anything bad to say about Ralph, but his reinvolvement doesn't make me feel any better.

2) Can Donahoe

Fine with that. Proof is in the pudding.

3) Retain Mularkey

Are you actually kidding me on this one. Almost any fan would tell you one of the teams oddest things was the offensive play calling and handling of the whole QB situation over two years. (If JP was not going to get a full crack, why not just keep Bledsoe, now it is two years later and our quarterback position is between JP and Holcomb) This is the same guy who consistently uses Daimon Shelton as a gamebreaker, who throws routinely on third and one (usually failing), forgets about the running game totally, switches into zero back formations on crucial running plays and tries sneaks, etc.... I could go on. This is the most befudlling move I have ever seen, unless Wilson was asleep during the two days of meetings or he sold EVERYONE out.

4) Marv Levy as GM

Not confirmed, but worrisome. Marv was a great handler of ego etc. as a Bills coach and was the singular reason this AWESOME group of talent made four in a row. Possibly also the singular reason they LOST four in a row since his X's and O's skills were marginal at best. However, what does he know about handling a salary cap and free agents in today's NFL (didn't really have one when he was coaching) or anything else about being a GM. (Except maybe his time in Montreal) Great guy, smart guy, nice guy, bring in as a consultant, but not as GM. Nice PR move that will get the robotic rank and file who purchase seasons regardless of performace going within a day or two. What's next, Kelly as coordinator or QB coach?

The Mularkey retention though really sealed it for me, consider my seasons gone, although I still will follow and support the team, just from home.