Bills Inside Slant

Dan III

COACHING: D

- Another uninspiring day by Mike Mularkey and his staff. Failing to use McGahee near the goal line for a second consecutive week was puzzling. Couldn't find ways to call off the Raiders' blitz. Penalties and dropped passes compounded their problems. With bye week, it's back to drawing board.

:)

- Another uninspiring day by Mike Mularkey and his staff. Failing to use McGahee near the goal line for a second consecutive week was puzzling. Couldn't find ways to call off the Raiders' blitz. Penalties and dropped passes compounded their problems. With bye week, it's back to drawing board.

39410[/snapback]

last i looked, henry was our "power back", and McGahee was the fast, make a cut and a juke and hit the hole type runner. i think henry can move the pile more than McGahee.

39410[/snapback]

Hate to sound like Greggy, but the failure in picking up the blitz and then dropping balls seems more like the players' lack of execution than Mularkey's fault.

And claiming the play calling was uninspiring tells me the author didn't watch the game. Moulds at QB, the fake punt after the penalty, etc, seem pretty inspired to me. Again, the lack of execution (and a couple of dumb penalties and a bad call or two from the refs) billsfanone this team in week 2.

Hate to sound like Greggy, but the failure in picking up the blitz and then dropping balls seems more like the players' lack of execution than Mularkey's fault.

And claiming the play calling was uninspiring tells me the author didn't watch the game.  Moulds at QB, the fake punt after the penalty, etc, seem pretty inspired to me.  Again, the lack of execution (and a couple of dumb penalties and a bad call or two from the refs) billsfanone this team in week 2.

39508[/snapback]

The "Moulds at QB" play was a joke not inspiring. Also the fake punt wasn't called from the sidelines. It was an "audible" type play when the defense didn't cover our outside guy. Morman "called" that one.

And claiming the play calling was uninspiring tells me the author didn't watch the game.  Moulds at QB, the fake punt after the penalty, etc, seem pretty inspired to me.  Again, the lack of execution (and a couple of dumb penalties and a bad call or two from the refs) billsfanone this team in week 2.

39508[/snapback]

Might just be me, but it looked the fake punt was a heads up play by the special teams unit. You could see the FB (?shelton?) motioning to Kevin Thomas being wide open.