Dead link for the 5:15 press conference

Corp000085

And please people - DO NOT DOWNLOAD REAL PLAYER. It is full of spyware and junk...

553669[/snapback]

I have downloaded it and have no problems with "spyware and junk", maybe its those "other" sites you visit and download from.

I have downloaded it and have no problems with "spyware and junk", maybe its those "other" sites you visit and download from.

553673[/snapback]

When you install RealPlayer, it will add a process called realsched.exe to your startup configuration. realsched.exe periodically checks the Internet for updates. Even worse, even if you take it out of your startup configuration in the registry, simply running RealPlayer will make it return. While realsched.exe is relatively benign, I don't like processes running on my system without my permission. Here's how to disable it.

- Launch RealPlayer

- Click on the Tools and choose Preferences

- Under the Automatic Services category, choose Message Center

- Press the button marked "Configure Message Center"

- UNCHECK the option labeled Checking - Check for new messages

- Choose Yes when the warning pops-up

If you haven't already, run MSCONFIG to remove it from your startup configuration as well.

But then again, I'm a system Admin and I'm just pulling this stuff out of my butt.

When you install RealPlayer, it will add a process called realsched.exe to your startup configuration. realsched.exe periodically checks the Internet for updates. Even worse, even if you take it out of your startup configuration in the registry, simply running RealPlayer will make it return. While realsched.exe is relatively benign, I don't like processes running on my system without my permission. Here's how to disable it.

- Launch RealPlayer

- Click on the Tools and choose Preferences

- Under the Automatic Services category, choose Message Center

- Press the button marked "Configure Message Center"

- UNCHECK the option labeled Checking - Check for new messages

- Choose Yes when the warning pops-up

If you haven't already, run MSCONFIG to remove it from your startup configuration as well.

But then again, I'm a system Admin and I'm just pulling this stuff out of my butt.

553715[/snapback]

So how is that "spyware and junk"?

Oh intrepid computer genius.........