Marv as GM

They don't do most of the grunt work. They are administrators. Marv won't be scouting most of the talent, Modrak will do that...in an increased capacity. Marv is the grand vision guy, he'll make the final call along with Wilson apparently. I trust Marv's ability to evaluate talent for the most part. The one thing I'm a little shaky about with Marv is his ability to delegate. Has there been even one HC to come off the Marv Levy tree? (I don't count Marchibroda as he had already been a HC before he was our OC.) HC's that delegate end up with long coaching trees because they end up hiring quality assistants who grow under the HCs supervision.

One thing Marv will do well is handle the media...he did it for so long that he knows all the pitfalls. Sure he won't tell you anything and he'll sound like the Werther's Original spokeman but he won't call the fans jerks either.

Overall I'd be OK with Marv in that capacity, the problem is where do you go from there. He's what 80? Maybe we get 5 years out of him, we need to be grooming the next Marv almost from day one...

Has there been even one HC to come off the Marv Levy tree?  (I don't count Marchibroda as he had already been a HC before he was our OC.) 

Well, Wade Phillips for one...who I think got a raw deal here (winning record and playoffs).....Ted Cottrell is also on the verge of being another (was linebackers coach)....

Marv was a GM in the CFL and as a head coach here not only had input in the talent evaluation but was key in DEVELOPING a lot of it. At 80 he is still sharper than most and has a wealth of knowledge to share. I think he would be a great mentor for a young HC like Mularky if he stays OR a Hasslett, etc.

Bring him in.

*** I was also thinking that he would be ideal for assistant HC for just those same reasons I just mentioned.

Wade was HC in Denver before he was DC here, he's on Dan Reeves tree not Marv's.  And Cottrell hasn't been hired yet.  I think he'd be the first.

553421[/snapback]

That's right.....but regardless, I agree with you that I think it would be a decent move for right now