Listening to Raplhs' press conference....

Buftex

Ralph is defiantly declaring that he will be "more involved" in the team than he has been in five years...he also sounds a little loony! This can't be good. If Modrak is not going to be the GM, and he is not negotiating with Marv Levy, who the hell is going to want to walk into this buzz saw?

Suddenly, Ol Whitey isn't seeming so bad...

Oh, the old man just got a good one in on Jerry Sullivan. After talking about being depressed, and taking 100 mil of prozac per day, he said to Jerry Sullivan, "You must be having a field day with this, I can see why you got a front seat" It braught lots of laughs from everyone, including Wilson.... :)

Oh, the old man just got a good one in on Jerry Sullivan.  After talking about being depressed, and taking 100 mil of prozac per day, he said to Jerry Sullivan, "You must be having a field day with this, I can see why you got a front seat"  It braught lots of laughs from everyone, including Wilson.... ;)

553164[/snapback]

he said when he knows he will be talking to Jerry he bumps it up to 120 mg

:)

Ralph is defiantly declaring that he will be "more involved" in the team than he has been in five years...he also sounds a little loony!  This can't be good.  If Modrak is not going to be the GM, and he is not negotiating with Marv Levy, who the hell is going to want to walk into this buzz saw? 

Suddenly, Ol Whitey isn't seeming so bad...

Oh, the old man just got a good one in on Jerry Sullivan.  After talking about being depressed, and taking 100 mil of prozac per day, he said to Jerry Sullivan, "You must be having a field day with this, I can see why you got a front seat"  It braught lots of laughs from everyone, including Wilson.... :)

553164[/snapback]

He sounded fine to me....just had a bit of trouble speaking- I think he's as sharp as ever

He sounded fine to me....just had a bit of trouble speaking- I think he's as sharp as ever

553239[/snapback]

I guess I just meant that I am getting a bad omen about whoever is the next GM. Ralphs' relationships with his last 3 GM's (Polian, Butler, and now TD) seem to have deteriotated a lot by the end. The other day he was saying how he would not be "patronized by an employee", etc etc...I don't think promising (threatening?) that he will be more involved than ever before will be a strong selling point to a potential GM candidate, not to mention a quality, proven HC candidate. This should be interesting....is Terry Bletsoe doing anything?

He didn't say he is not negotiating with Marv.  Don't jump off the Peace Bridge yet.

PTR

553281[/snapback]

My feed of the PC was kind of choppy...I thought I heard him say that, and somebody else posted it too! Either way, I think this sounds like a big mess....