More from Mortensons chat...now Mort

Jerk (Buffalo)

The biggest problem in Buffalo is that the management can't manage. This team should have been developing a QB this year instead of trying to make the playoffs. Everyone in management was trying to save their behind by propping this team up to sell tickets. And now we have nothing, not even a QB to build on next year. ARe they gonna dangle playoffs in our face again or deal with reality?

CHRIS MORTENSEN

Unfortunately, the fans wouldn't let the Bills develop a young QB. They appropriately considered themselves playoff caliber but when the defense unexpectedly fell apart, the whole thing crumbled. But fans always want it both ways...and so do owners. That's the beast.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look, another over reaction to a very accurate answer!  Can never have enough of these.

552708[/snapback]

it's actually not accurate at all. bills *fans* wanted losman to play. it was the actual *team* that wanted holcomb and lobbied for him. mularkey took it on the chin all season from fans for playing holcomb.

CHRIS MORTENSEN

Unfortunately, the fans wouldn't let the Bills develop a young QB. They appropriately considered themselves playoff caliber but when the defense unexpectedly fell apart, the whole thing crumbled. But fans always want it both ways...and so do owners. That's the beast.

552700[/snapback]

Yeah, it was the fans who wouldn't let the Bills develop a young QB. I remember that day well, when Donahoe and Mularkey asked SDS to commission a poll on what they should do with regards to the QB issue... :D

Jerk (Buffalo)

The biggest problem in Buffalo is that the management can't manage. This team should have been developing a QB this year instead of trying to make the playoffs. Everyone in management was trying to save their behind by propping this team up to sell tickets. And now we have nothing, not even a QB to build on next year. ARe they gonna dangle playoffs in our face again or deal with reality?

CHRIS MORTENSEN

552700[/snapback]

so it was our fault losman got benched twice? :D:lol:

Guest BackInDaDay
it's actually not accurate at all. bills *fans* wanted losman to play. it was the actual *team* that wanted holcomb and lobbied for him. mularkey took it on the chin all season from fans for playing holcomb.

552711[/snapback]

It was Ralph and TD who pulled the plug in hopes of backing into the playoffs.

That's my conspiracy theory, and I'm stickin' to it! :D

Yeah, it was the fans who wouldn't let the Bills develop a young QB. I remember that day well, when Donahoe and Mularkey asked SDS to commission a poll on what they should do with regards to the QB issue... :D

552715[/snapback]

Shhhh, Gavin! That was a closed door meeting w/ the Inner Circle!

wow! it is a good thing no one on this board thought or expected us to be a play-off team this year...... :D

Jerk (Buffalo)

CHRIS MORTENSEN

552700[/snapback]

if you're referring to mortonson, no, he's not.

552720[/snapback]

Sure he is. Fans always want it both ways. They want to win, but when the young QB struggles a little bit and the team is on the ropes they want to see Holcomb on the field. Even though that means that not only do the Bills not make the playoffs this year, but they miss an opportunity to develop a young QB.

Hey look, another over reaction to a very accurate answer!  Can never have enough of these.

552708[/snapback]

say what???? The Bills fans I know expected JP to get plenty of playing time this year and for the Bills to finish about .500. Unfortunately, some people at one bills drive screwed that up and now no one knows if JP is an NFL-caliber QB or just another washout. 2005 was a wasted year for the Buffalo Bills!!!

Sure he is.  Fans always want it both ways.  They want to win, but when the young QB struggles a little bit and the team is on the ropes they want to see Holcomb on the field.  Even though that means that not only do the Bills not make the playoffs this year, but they miss an opportunity to develop a young QB.

552732[/snapback]

no, he's wrong. the overwhelming consensus among bills fans was that losman needed to take his lumps and play (i know, because i was one of the few people who wasn't part of this consensus). also, most fans didn't consider the bills a playoff team - they aren't that dumb. the only people lobbying for the benching of losman for holcomb and arguing that the bills were an elite team were the actual players on the team. except for a small minority of fans, that's it.

i realize we are not really a measuring stick of the entire bills fan base, but go back to last Feb-Sept and tell me that a lot of fans here were not calling this a playoff team, heck I predicted 19-0, but then again I do that every year. We as fans are a fickle bunch, but that is our right and it is what makes us fans, we want it both ways, and when it doesn't work we B word about everything.

no, he's wrong. the overwhelming consensus among bills fans was that losman needed to take his lumps and play (i know, because i was one of the few people who wasn't part of this consensus). also, most fans didn't consider the bills a playoff team - they aren't that dumb.  the only people lobbying for the benching of losman for holcomb and arguing that the bills were an elite team were the actual players on the team.  except for a small minority of fans, that's it.

552736[/snapback]

no, he's wrong. the overwhelming consensus among bills fans was that losman needed to take his lumps and play (i know, because i was one of the few people who wasn't part of this consensus). also, most fans didn't consider the bills a playoff team - they aren't that dumb.  the only people lobbying for the benching of losman for holcomb and arguing that the bills were an elite team were the actual players on the team.  except for a small minority of fans, that's it.

552736[/snapback]

I think you're confusing fans on this board with Bills fans in general. Those are two completely different animals.