Think your New Year is starting off bad...

heres an idea, why don't you pay for her care? she isn't a US Citizen, why should she be able to take advantage of our already messed social assistance programs? I don't mean to be cruel, but common man....and another thing, me personally, I have never hung around people that thought it would be a ton of fun to shoot guns in the air in celebration...you make your bed, you sleep in it!

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NGNEWS/60104006

Forced to lesve the hospital- what a country.

552221[/snapback]

heres an idea, why don't you pay for her care?  she isn't a US Citizen, why should she be able to take advantage of our already messed social assistance programs?  I don't mean to be cruel, but common man....and another thing, me personally, I have never hung around people that thought it would be a ton of fun to shoot guns in the air in celebration...you make your bed, you sleep in it!

552227[/snapback]

How do you know " she was hanging around with people that shoot guns in the air"

It was a stray bullet!! If we can give the local local yoda a corner store and set him up with great life in the good ole USA, we can make sure this lady is at least cared for in some capacity. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... And my apology, I did not notice that she is not a U.S. citizen, but still...

How do you know " she was hanging around with people that shoot guns in the air"

It was a stray bullet!! If we can give the local  local yoda a corner store and set him up with great life in the good ole USA, we can make sure this lady is at least cared for in some capacity. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... And my apology, I did not notice that she is not a U.S. citizen, but still...

552245[/snapback]

Perhaps you should have actually read the article before mocking the way things are done in the USA...

The article didn't say what further care she actually required. It may be that leaving the bullet in was the best course of action. Not having health insurance today means you are simply not going to get the best health care. I could easily have retired some years ago, but a good reason I keep working is terrific health insurance and all premiums paid by my employer. This is the system, and It doesn't like it is going to change any time soon. I suspect that a US citizen without health insurance might face the same situation.