If Modrak is the next GM and Marv is

What has Ralph really accomplished? Other than getting rid of Donohoe - he has had a chance and failed - isn't Modrak a part of the comedy that is one bills drive? From draft day decisions to other personnel assessment, isn't he at least partially responsible for the laughing stock Bills?

I thought the world of Marv, but was he the one reponsible for the players he was coachng or was it Polian, Butler and AJ Smith? If Marv is being brought in to help groom Mularky - that wouldn't be bad - has is a leader that understood how to motivate his team...but his style does not work for everyone. I am not sure that you can mold a leader - just dust off the debris and maximize their potential. I hope MM has some talent, but his indecisiveness this year in handling personnel matters lead me to think he was more a pawn to TD and not someone to take hold of a failing team to motivate their players. I would argue that Gregg Williams was better suited and accomplished more with less during his tenure.

Anyway - putting Modrak in charge is akin to being named the captian of the titanic - Ralph probably won't own the team too much longer, then the new owner can do what he wants. The upcoming moves are more of interest to sell tickets and churn some excitement in this farina bland organization. The only thing not done is the naming of Doug Floutie as the new QB coach to groom JP...that'll sell a few thousand seats and jersays...but stay tuned.

What has Ralph really accomplished?  Other than getting rid of Donohoe - he has had a chance and failed - isn't Modrak a part of the comedy that is one bills drive?  From draft day decisions to other personnel assessment, isn't he at least partially responsible for the laughing stock Bills?

I thought the world of Marv, but was he the one reponsible for the players he was coachng or was it Polian, Butler and AJ Smith?  If Marv is being brought in to help groom Mularky - that wouldn't be bad - has is a leader that understood how to motivate his team...but his style does not work for everyone.  I am not sure that you can mold a leader - just dust off the debris and maximize their potential.  I hope MM has some talent, but his indecisiveness this year in handling personnel matters lead me to think he was more a pawn to TD and not someone to take hold of a failing team to motivate their players.  I would argue that Gregg Williams was better suited and accomplished more with less during his tenure.

Anyway - putting Modrak in charge is akin to being named the captian of the titanic - Ralph probably won't own the team too much longer, then the new owner can do what he wants.  The upcoming moves are more of interest to sell tickets and churn some excitement in this farina bland organization.  The only thing not done is the naming of Doug Floutie as the new QB coach to groom JP...that'll sell a few thousand seats and jersays...but stay tuned.

551515[/snapback]

flutie will be brought in for drop kicking abilities

Flutie's future is in the announcer's booth or on the pregame shows. He'll have the best of both worlds-not anywhere near the hours an assistant coach logs (so he can spend time with his family) and a position in football that keeps him visible. I don't know whether his forum will be college or pros, but he'll be the Madden of his (broadcasting) generation. He's got everything it takes to be the next star football color man.

Plus he'll never show up drunk at a game.

Modrak is more than capable of building a team the right way (see Philly). Marv will be there to ensure the franchise is being ran the right way. People forget that Marv was a GM in his CFL days. I really like Modrak, some may say he disagreed with the way TD did things. If that's the case standing in TD's shadows will pay dividends for the Bills in the future.

Now one has to wonder is MM the coach for the Bills.

Flutie's future is in the announcer's booth or on the pregame shows.  He'll have the best of both worlds-not anywhere near the hours an assistant coach logs (so he can spend time with his family) and a position in football that keeps him visible.  I don't know whether his forum will be college or pros, but he'll be the Madden of his (broadcasting) generation.  He's got everything it takes to be the next star football color man.

551526[/snapback]

You know - I am not really a fan of the little guy, but he was a charismatic little so and so...I think you are absolutely dead on...

Modrak is more than capable of building a team the right way (see Philly).  Marv will be there to ensure the franchise is being ran the right way.  People forget that Marv was a GM in his CFL days.  I really like Modrak, some may say he disagreed with the way TD did things.  If that's the case standing in TD's shadows will pay dividends for the Bills in the future. 

Now one has to wonder is MM the coach for the Bills.

551528[/snapback]

Thank you for pointing out Marv's crudentials...I had forgotten...