Marv Levy?

Frez

How can Marv Levy help this team without coaching ithimself?

Marv is going to be 81 frikken years old in August.

Marv is in the Hall of Fame for his coaching abilities not General Manager. What can Marv do for this team if he were doing anything besides coaching?

Just exactly where does Marv fall into the big picture here? :D:doh:B-)

Marv is in the Hall of Fame for his coaching abilities not General Manager. What can Marv do for this team if he were doing anything besides coaching?

Just exactly where does Marv fall into the big picture here?  :D  :doh:  B-)

550994[/snapback]

So what....age diesn't matter- anyways, it looks like COACH LEVY will not be the GM. He is still sharp as he ever was

550994[/snapback]

new marketing tool. the last ones (jp and the new unis) saw their 15 minutes expire. you need something to whip up the faithful ...

Wow... people used to clamor for him to be HC, now he can't even help out a GM?

I think they just want to bring him in for advice on talent/strategy, etc. Put his football knowledge to use where he has it.

No big deal, I think its a great move. Perhaps he will remind the players of the history behind this franchise.

550994[/snapback]

I don't understand the contempt for a man due to his age. You obviously have not spent much time with octogenarians. Many are extremely intellegent, quick witted and even surpirsingly healthy and agile. I suspect Marv is one of these. He always took excellent care of himself.

What leads you to the conclusion that Marv could not be effective in the front office. It would be as locigal to have said "Marv Levy! He's a frickin English major, what can he do for this team but possibly improve their grammar and usage of the English language".

Are there any head coaches that would make good Presidents or GM's? Is the logic that nobody cam ake that jump, or just Marv?