Would you support Crowell taking Posey's position?

billsboys

Crowell is too small to play the strong side...I see Spikes as the one who will swap sides and play the strong side. Unless we go back to the 3-4 and slide Crowell or Spikes back inside along with Fletcher with Posey (or his replacement) as the rush-backer.

In a 3-4 Denney and Kelsay could also be rush-backers with Tim Anderson sliding out to end with Adams or his replacement at Nose Guard.

Crowell is too small to play the strong side...I see Spikes as the one who will swap sides and play the strong side.  Unless we go back to the 3-4 and slide Crowell or Spikes back inside along with Fletcher with  Posey (or his replacement) as the rush-backer.

550587[/snapback]

Ditto...though I wouldn't phrase it with as much certainty myself. I think Crowell might be too small to play strong-side.

However...how much worse than Posey could he actually be?

Ditto...though I wouldn't phrase it with as much certainty myself.  I think Crowell might be too small to play strong-side.

However...how much worse than Posey could he actually be?

550593[/snapback]

Aren't we a bit ahead of ourselves? Who says Spikes is back as his old self. Other than him and his agent.

I recall a domanint linebacker that we once had that couldn't work through injuries, Cowart, and let's see, how about Conlan? I'll bet neither was as severe as what Spikes is working through. I think putting Spikes in is 50/50 to play on opening day, much less to play at a high level.

Aren't we a bit ahead of ourselves? Who says Spikes is back as his old self. Other than him and his agent.

I recall a domanint linebacker that we once had that couldn't work through injuries, Cowart, and let's see, how about Conlan? I'll bet neither was as severe as what Spikes is working through. I think putting Spikes in is 50/50 to play on opening day, much less to play at a high level.

550644[/snapback]

Right, hence Spikes on the strong side as opposed to the weak side where he'd have to show more range.