Another Bills complaint.

Play calling aside, something I and several others brought up early - back in pre-season, was the consistent lack of discipline and boneheaded penalties that have been the bane of the Bills for years. Whoever does whatever in terms of coaching needs to make this a priority adjustment to this team. Somewhere there is a stat-a-holic that can figure this out, but how many opportunities were lost this season or given to the other team on idiotic penalties? As bad as everything else has been, this was a factor in several games, and will be next year if not fixed. Trouble is, how do you fix it?

Play calling aside, something I and several others brought up early - back in pre-season, was the consistent lack of discipline and boneheaded penalties that have been the bane of the Bills for years. Whoever does whatever in terms of coaching needs to make this a priority adjustment to this team. Somewhere there is a stat-a-holic that can figure this out, but how many opportunities were lost this season or given to the other team on idiotic penalties? As bad as everything else has been, this was a factor in several games, and will be next year if not fixed. Trouble is, how do you fix it?

550021[/snapback]

They have reduced the total # of penalties in recent games...referee fatigue? :lol:

But the Bills don't have an exclusive franchise on bonehead, before-the-snap fouls. The B'gals have committed five (!) cover penalties, i.e a wr lining up on the los, covering the end of the line.

That's a foible in the rules. The default # of linemen in the NFL is 7 (in the old parlance, you had a tight and a split end - and they are both considered linemen) and only the outside linemen are eligible recievers. When what used to be known as a flanker lines up on the los, he makes another reciever or a tackle an unannounced eligible reciever - flag.

Cost Cincy to lose 2 td's this season.

Rocket surgery... :D

From one 12 year-old to another... :lol:

THANK YOU! It's been my biggest contention for a couple years. This team is filled with mental midgets. I've said it here before, I'd love to see the average team Wonderlic scores around the NFL. I'd bet the Pats would be up near the top and this team near the bottom. I believe discipline plays a role, but brains can't be discounted. I thought I heard somewhere that Roscoe Parrish scored in the single digits! Yeah, that should make his transition to NFL WR real easy, along with his size.

You can teach someone with less physical skills to play in his position and where to be, thereby allowing him to overcome a lack of speed or other phyical tools. But if a guy is a moron, you have a harder time getting him to play in his position.

There has to be a site for Wonderlic scores.