WM 3/4 of the way through his contract...

finknottle

The debate rages whether WM is great or average or whatever, and whether or not TD's gamble paid off. Nobody factors in the fact that we paid him for a year of injured reserve, effectively getting only 3 years of productivity at 4 year money. That's a few million that first year that we couldn't use on actual players, and its a year less that we get him for.

So with his $15.528m contract 3/4 of the way finished, only only one year left in Buffalo (unless we want to pay a lot more), can we say he was a wise pick? For every all-purpose yard WM gained we basically paid $5,809.20. In contrast, TH's $2.296m deal only cost us $413.05 a yard figuring after 3 years.

Seems to me you are better off getting your RB's lower in the draft and using the extra cap money to sign some quality veteran. Comments?

The debate rages whether WM is great or average or whatever,  and whether or not TD's gamble paid off.  Nobody factors in the fact that we paid him for a year of injured reserve,  effectively getting only 3 years of productivity at 4 year money.  That's a few million that first year that we couldn't use on actual players,  and its a year less that we get him for.

So with his $15.528m contract 3/4 of the way finished,  only only one year left in Buffalo (unless we want to pay a lot more),  can we say he was a wise pick?  For every all-purpose yard WM gained we basically paid $5,809.20.  In contrast,  TH's  $2.296m deal only cost us $413.05 a yard figuring after 3 years.

Seems to me you are better off getting your RB's lower in the draft and using the extra cap money to sign some quality veteran.  Comments?

549060[/snapback]

IIRC, McGahee signed a 5 year contract and has 2 years remaining...

Oh hell, who am i to introduce facts that get in the way of your rant!

The new GM will have an interesting decision to make about WM's future in Buffalo. Has he earned a big, new contract to lock him in here? Or do we just "let it ride" and see how he does in a contract year?

549066[/snapback]

I guess my point is that I don't think he has earned his current contract. He has given us only 2/3 the yards TH did at this point of his contract, and we are paying 10 times the price per yard that we did under TH. That's money that we can't use upgrading the line.

He has giving as much as any RB in his position not being givin the ball enough and watching JP throw interceptions and get sacked.  Willis is the man that takes it to the house, he just needs a head coach to give him the ball.

549321[/snapback]

Correction he doesn't take it to the house, if he did he'd be Larry Johnson, who was available with our pick.

those numbers dont show the upcoming holdout and demand for more money that Im sure he and his agent Drew Rosenjerk have planned.

549062[/snapback]

Despite what people think Rosenhaus rarely has clients hold out and generally signs team friendly contracts and gets them to camp on time. This is the reason team GMs like working with the guy. Of all the top contracts in the league Rosenhaus has none of them.

The guy has a big mouth and attracts a lot of attention but he's not the guy that most people make him out to be. His bark is much worse than his bite.

Correction he doesn't take it to the house, if he did he'd be Larry Johnson, who was available with our pick.

549350[/snapback]

LJ also gets to run behind one of the best OLs in the league. That has something to do with his success.

Despite what people think Rosenhaus rarely has clients hold out and generally signs team friendly contracts and gets them to camp on time.  This is the reason team GMs like working with the guy.  Of all the top contracts in the league Rosenhaus has none of them.

The guy has a big mouth and attracts a lot of attention but he's not the guy that most people make him out to be.  His bark is much worse than his bite.

549398[/snapback]

Very true Tom Condon is an agent that might not get as many headlines but think is far worse in terms of holding players out.

549350[/snapback]

Yeah only then Willis Mcgahee would get to run behind Willie Roaf, Brian Waters.... ehh it's not even worth it anymore on with the burning of skill position players :unsure: