I can't wait for December 12th!!

buckeyemike

Oh, gee, who to root for? :doh:

Many of you on this board know that I refer to the Browns as "my formerly beloved Browns". That is because I grew up in Cleveland a diehard Browns fan and I still follow the team somewhat.

However, when Art Modell moved the Browns, that soured me on professional football. But then I found the Packers and then, the Bills.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Buffalo Bills. The fans, the tailgating, cold weather, a modern stadium (compared with that old dump I used to go to), winning teams in the 90's...I developed a love for the team, despite the fact that I haven't even been to Buffalo in well over a decade, and only twice in my entire life.

This will be the first time the Browns have played the Bills since their return, and their first trip to Orchard Park since 1986, a 21-17 victory for Cleveland. I was a senior in high school then and deep in my affection for the Browns, which carried me all the way through college (where there were seemingly millions of Bengal fans...I remember 1988 real well) and beyond, until 1995.

Whether or not these teams have good or bad records come 12/12/2004, this will be a very special day for me. One I have waited for a long, long time.

Mike

Oh, gee, who to root for?   :doh:

Many of you on this board know that I refer to the Browns as "my formerly beloved Browns".  That is because I grew up in Cleveland a diehard Browns fan and I still follow the team somewhat.

However, when Art Modell moved the Browns, that soured me on professional football.  But then I found the Packers and then, the Bills.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Buffalo Bills.  The fans, the tailgating, cold weather, a modern stadium (compared with that old dump I used to go to), winning teams in the 90's...I developed a love for the team, despite the fact that I haven't even been to Buffalo in well over a decade, and only twice in my entire life.

This will be the first time the Browns have played the Bills since their return, and their first trip to Orchard Park since 1986, a 21-17 victory for Cleveland.  I was a senior in high school then and deep in my affection for the Browns, which carried me all the way through college (where there were seemingly millions of Bengal fans...I remember 1988 real well) and beyond, until 1995.

Whether or not these teams have good or bad records come 12/12/2004, this will be a very special day for me.  One I have waited for a long, long time.

Mike

39007[/snapback]

You are a Lake Erie T-Bone

The proper term would be a Lake Erie Hogboy the Slob....

39219[/snapback]

Hey!! :)

I haven't given up on the Bills! Even though they probably won't be very good. I've lived through years of bad football in Cleveland, not to mention three years of NO FOOTBALL, which I wouldn't wish on even the most obnoxious Dolphin fan.

I'm not the one calling Cablelady names either.

Mike