Interesting QB stats...

Risin

jp can rip off a big run for big yards (had a couple, one in particular against san diego).

jp can avoid the sack, and takes care of the ball MUCH BETTER than holcomb (with his sacks standing still and his droppy dropsies).

jp can toss perfect 40+ yard bombs and hit guys in stride or in the end zone (evans 3 tds against miami, 2 tds against kc).

jp has a bunch of holes in his game and our o line is crap, but if you give him a chance to succeed and dumb down the O just enough for him to learn (like good coaches do) then it wouldn't take much for JP to greatly out produce holcomb.

by dumb down i don't mean only short passes, keep long ones in, but less motion and complicated reads, more designed runs, roll outs, and out pattersn.

jp is far from great, and i was NOT a fan of his to start, but the kid has shown he can do some good things, let's take advantage of that, not set him up to fail

Here is a comparison,  between the guy who gives us a better chance to win now,  and a guy that is supposedly raw:

Holcomb: 8 starts 1509 yards 10 TD's 8 INT

Losman: 8 starts 1340 yards 8 TD's 8INT

After seeing that,  I am more pissed that JP wasn't given the whole season to play.  In his first real season of action,  his stats are almost identical to a 10-year vets.

Throw in Holcomb's 5 lost fumbles,  and add to the fact that JP had almost 150 rushing yards,  and these two are equal.  Only difference is JP should get better,  while Kelly doesn't have the luxury of youth.

What a joke this organization is,  including this moron head coach.

548497[/snapback]

Reminds me of another famous Bills QB debate which has been pretty much summarized as - "yeah, bottom line - they both stink"

Them and this OL is a dead end. We will need to do some serious tinkering in the off season. Mike Martz is my choice for OC. Getter done - TD, i mean, Marv, i mean, Ralph, i mean??