Villarrial speaks the truth

30dive

"Of course we would have liked to run the ball more," Villarrial said, "but we're only the players. We only do what's called." - from the Buffalo-News, Jerry Sullivan 1/02/06

This, more than anything said over the past few months tells me that MM has no handle on his team. Until this I have been lukewarrm regarding a future for MM, but this says it all....MM must go!

I caught that too!

They can say that there is, but I am sure there is no confidence in this coaching staff. Too many players are shaking their heads. If Ralph has been talking to some of the players over he past 3 weeks, he'll have heard this and that will point to MM's demise.

I caught that too!

They can say that there is, but I am sure there is no confidence in this coaching staff. Too many players are shaking their heads. If Ralph has been talking to some of the players over he past 3 weeks, he'll have heard this and that will point to MM's demise.

548332[/snapback]

Consider the source of the article- I wonder if he was just saying that as a lineman they like to run the ball, but in the end, the coaches know whats best, and make the calls. Jerry Sullivan isn't known to have any change, and he may have twisted the intent to suit his own evil ends. I wouldnt put that past Sully- no marals or credibility

Coaches that have control of a team, don't have players making theses remarks. So his remarks can now be taken two ways...First, he spoke the truth, which confirms what most of us have been questioning all season...Play calling. Second, if one were to take his remark as being disprespectful towards his coach, then one might argue that the players have no respect for the coach.

"Of course we would have liked to run the ball more," Villarrial said, "but we're only the players. We only do what's called." - from the Buffalo-News, Jerry Sullivan 1/02/06

This, more than anything said over the past few months tells me that MM has no handle on his team.  Until this I have been lukewarrm regarding a future for MM, but this says it all....MM must go!

548328[/snapback]

This quote is solid evidence that Mularkey has lost the confidence of this football team. This is why they struggle late and continue to do stupid things that lose games. It's what seperates the champions from the chumps. It's the same reason the the Patriots are so damn good, it's because every player on that team believes Bellichek's word is gospel. It's not questioned and it's not doubted. When they're told to do something they take it upon themselves to get it done.

If Villarrial said this, others are thinking it. There's more self doubt on that team than any of us could ever imagine.

Thank god Ralph's got the broom out.

This, more than anything said over the past few months tells me that MM has no handle on his team.  Until this I have been lukewarrm regarding a future for MM, but this says it all....MM must go!

548328[/snapback]

Doesn't it also say that MM has a better handle on what his O-line can do than CV does? Based on his own performance this year, Villarrial ought to shut his yap...

To Villereal- sometimes its better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak out and erase all doubt.

Somebody should teach that excuse a lesson in professionalism

548330[/snapback]

You make a good point Adam. Moulds wants more passes thrown his way and disrupts the team. CV wants more running plays. Boo hoo. He should have blocked better in the games in which he was healthy enough to play. Adams wants to dictate to the coaching staff. Poor thing.

I would like to reverse the tables and ask the whiners exactly how much they contributed when weighed against their rather huge paychecks?

This quote is solid evidence that Mularkey has lost the confidence of this football team.  It's the same reason the the Patriots are so damn good, it's because every player on that team believes Bellichek's word is gospel.  It's not questioned and it's not doubted.  When they're told to do something they take it upon themselves to get it done.

If Villarrial said this, others are thinking it.  There's more self doubt on that team than any of us could ever imagine.

548337[/snapback]

As I said- we dont know the context of the statement, nor will we trust Sullivan to keep it in the proper context

Evil ends!!!! The only thing evil here would be for Ralph Wilson to put us through another season of this crap! The player said WM could have run for 200 yards, we wanted to run more but the coaches thought otherwise. Nothing to twist here.

Evil ends!!!!  The only thing evil here would be for Ralph Wilson to put us through another season of this crap!  The player said WM could have run for 200 yards, we wanted to run more but the coaches thought otherwise.  Nothing to twist here.

548341[/snapback]

Well, maybe you'd be happy if Mr. Wilson moved the team, and didn't subject you to this anymore.

If Villarrial said this, others are thinking it.  There's more self doubt on that team than any of us could ever imagine.

548337[/snapback]

I agree Mike, but I think that some of the chronic malcontents should be the first to be swept away.

I am seeing some aging, high salaried players who have never won very much (other than Adams) and don't seem to have a real stake in the future of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

This quote is solid evidence that Mularkey has lost the confidence of this football team.  This is why they struggle late and continue to do stupid things that lose games.  It's what seperates the champions from the chumps.  It's the same reason the the Patriots are so damn good, it's because every player on that team believes Bellichek's word is gospel.  It's not questioned and it's not doubted.  When they're told to do something they take it upon themselves to get it done.

548337[/snapback]

What ? You doubt all those swing passes to Shelton ? Those are GOLD, BABY !

;)

Well, maybe you'd be happy if Mr. Wilson moved the team, and didn't subject you to this anymore.

548344[/snapback]

HUH!

So let me get this straight, if Mr. Wilson doesn't fire MM then I would rather the team leave Buffalo? Are you saying this season hasn't been crap? Sorry if you disagree, but like it or not it has been and the GM and the HC are the primary reasons. But don't worry Adam, even if we only win two games (Gd Forbid) next year I'll drag my "subjected" self from Virginia to Buffalo (at least three times) and I'll pay my money for the DTV Ticket so I can watch our Bills play. Like you, I'm a fan and oh this season was crap! ;)

I'd surmise that 95% of the linemen in the league would rather run as a team and run block than pass block. Chris Villarial would surely rather run block than pass block. Run block allows you to be the agressor and hit first, going forward. Pass block immediately puts you on the defensive and can make you look foolish. It's also where the sacks and a lot of the penalties come that make linemen look bad. Perhaps if he did that run blocking better, and his linemates did that better, it would be an easy decision to run more.

That said, we should have run more. ;)

Doesn't it also say that MM has a better handle on what his O-line can do than CV does?    Based on his own performance this year, Villarrial ought to shut his yap...

548338[/snapback]

I'll second that. If he wants MM to run more, he should learn to block so that we actually gain yards when we run. I think that would help.

548328[/snapback]

I can imagine MM saying something like:

"Of course we would have liked to run the ball more," Mularkey said, "but we're stuck with Chris Villarrial on the offensive line."