Buffalo always takes people too high, so...

ans4e64

so our sleeper picks for this year...

Bring on Mercedes Lewis or Vernon Davis!!!!!!

we can now score in the red zone

of course i'd like to see us pick ferguson if hes there, kiwanuka, ngata, williams, but im just throwing these out there and i'd like to have them

You should be slapped for throwing Evans into that title.  He's awesome, he was picked right where he should have been.  His stats aren't great because useless Holcomb doesn't throw to him.

548247[/snapback]

and the drops or miss running routes doesnt help either haha

I couldn't agree more with [McGee and McGahee]. Evans played very well for a second year WR. 750 yards, 15.5 yd average and 7 TD is nothing to sneeze at, and are much better than Moulds in his first two years. (Actually his numbers are nearly identical to Andre Reed's second year.)

Lee Evans is exactly what you hope for with a first round WR.

If I had to criticize anything, it would be the penalties he took

Lee Evans taken too high??? All he has done is score 16 TDs in two years. That matches the best two year stretch that Eric Moulds ever had. He's got room for improvement, sure, but I'm pretty happy with what he's done as a 2nd year WR, especially given that his QBs have often locked onto Eric Moulds and have had their own struggles as well.

I don't think Flowers was a Donahoe choice, was he? I thought he was the end of the Butler era.

Williams was rated exactly where he was chosen. Evans....well, they probably could've gotten him a few choices later, from what I understand they couldn't find a trading partner, and they wanted Evans, so they took him.

Donahoe will end up on his feet someplace.

I don't think Flowers was a Donahoe choice, was he?  I thought he was the end of the Butler era.

Williams was rated exactly where he was chosen.  Evans....well, they probably could've gotten him a few choices later, from what I understand they couldn't find a trading partner, and they wanted Evans, so they took him.

Donahoe will end up on his feet someplace.

548579[/snapback]

You're correct.

You should be slapped for throwing Evans into that title.  He's awesome, he was picked right where he should have been.  His stats aren't great because useless Holcomb doesn't throw to him.

548247[/snapback]

lee evans is my favorite player on the bills roster, i have his jersey. He is a great player and the future of the franchise. Im glad we have him and im glad we selected him, but you cant deny that on draft day, he was taken too high. He was coming off 2 knee operations and barely played, at the 13th pick he was a reach. Like i said im glad we picked him, but it was a surprise when it happened and theres no arguing that.

I couldn't agree more with [McGee and McGahee].  Evans played very well for a second year WR.  750 yards, 15.5 yd average and 7 TD is nothing to sneeze at, and are much better than Moulds in his first two years.  (Actually his numbers are nearly identical to Andre Reed's second year.)

Lee Evans is exactly what you hope for with a first round WR. 

If I had to criticize anything, it would be the penalties he took

548523[/snapback]

If I recall, Reed wasn't behind a solid player ala Moulds - I seem to recall that he and Chris Burkett were the two receivers, flipping 1 and 2 for a while, both drafted the same year maybe.

Not sure if that makes Evan's production more impressive (because Moulds is the #1 target) or less (because Evans is never double-teamed)...