Well, the sabres lost...

mcjeff215

Tough one, especially considering the way Florida got the PP that ended up in the winning goal.  Still, we had our chances late but couldn't finish.

Can't win them all, I guess.

547651[/snapback]

Still good to see Miller playing well...that is a positive...

When Luongo is on, boy is he tough.

What do you all think about the possibility of the sabres trading Biron soon?

Can't win them all, I guess.

547651[/snapback]

Third straight game the Sabres have given a mediocre effort.

They didn't even show up in Toronto until the second half of the 2nd period and came out flat against the Thrashers as well. They spent the entire first period tonight trying to remember how to pass to each other.

Sabres have been pretty lame the last 3 games. Hopefully they aren't reading their own press clippings and now think they're better than they are. It'd be nice if they played well in the first period for a change of pace. The Sabres are a good team but not good enough that they can win without working hard.

They didn't even show up in Toronto until the second half of the 2nd period and came out flat against the Thrashers as well.  They spent the entire first period tonight trying to remember how to pass to each other.

Sabres have been pretty lame the last 3 games.  Hopefully they aren't reading their own press clippings and now think they're better than they are.  It'd be nice if they played well in the first period for a change of pace.  The Sabres are a good team but not good enough that they can win without working hard.

547669[/snapback]

I would not call the Leafs game "lame." That was an inspired effort. Florida has the Sabres' number. Luongo is in their heads.

They didn't even show up in Toronto until the second half of the 2nd period and came out flat against the Thrashers as well.  They spent the entire first period tonight trying to remember how to pass to each other.

Sabres have been pretty lame the last 3 games.  Hopefully they aren't reading their own press clippings and now think they're better than they are.  It'd be nice if they played well in the first period for a change of pace.  The Sabres are a good team but not good enough that they can win without working hard.

547669[/snapback]

The Toronto game, despite being a loss, was one of the best team efforts I have seen from the Sabres in a long, long time. And the Thrashers game? I was there. They played poorly in the first period, but then laid it on afterwards.

We can't win em all, and no i won't settle for a losing streak, but they are still one of the best and most exciting teams in hokey.

Sometimes teams just have another team's number. For one reason or another, Florida seems to match up real well with the system Buffalo plays. Even when the Sabres have been bad over the past 4 years, it seemed like they always had the Leafs and the Flyers number, even when they were near the top of the standings and the Sabres were near the bottom. Perhaps Florida is our nemesis.

The 0-7 on the PP was surprising. The M.O. of this Sabre team has been pumping in a PP goal to tie it up in the third. It was shocking to see them not score on four straight when down 2-1. You have come to expect it with this team.