Miami Dolphins

Nice Head Coach hire and a solid top of the first round draft pick, not too difficult is it?

547227[/snapback]

Amazing what a head coach not strung out on zoloft can do, isn't it?

Set a game plan, then......

stick to it.

All that with an OL that was widely ridiculed by everyone imaginable and a journeyman QB that wouldn't have started anywhere else in the NFL. Nice of Mr. Gray and Jerry's Kids to have been the springboard for My Yami's resurgence.

Nice Head Coach hire and a solid top of the first round draft pick, not too difficult is it?

547227[/snapback]

You do realize that they have the same record as we did last year, right...? :lol: And people said we sucked last year...

Kripes man, I live here in My Yami. Can't you have just a little appreciation for the agony I'm going through? Sheesh.

547449[/snapback]

Deal with it. I've been living in Eagle country for the past 20 years.

That sucks.

Anyhow, at least the Dolphins have shown it CAN be done.

Deal with it. I've been living in Eagle country for the past 20 years.

That sucks.

Anyhow, at least the Dolphins have shown it CAN be done.

547462[/snapback]

And the fact that My Yami IS doing it, just adds to my purgatorial torture. I have to shun the news in every medium for the next week.

Good point, but I like the quality of their wins better than ours last year.

547483[/snapback]

May be so, but there was a lot of similarity with the Bills of 04 and Mi Yami of 05.

Strong finish, 9-7 record when they were counted out for dead early in the year.

What was bad is that we blew a 21 point 4th quarter lead to them. That was $!@&%!

Frankly, I don't understand why Miami's resurgence is such a surprise to anyone. Or why Saban, who i think is a good coach, is looked at as a savior.

He is what I see: Miami was 11-5, 11-5, 9-7 and 10-6 previous to last year. Most football people predicted they would fight for the division lead. On the eve of the season they lose one guy, Ricky Williams, and their team falls apart, mostly due to other injuries. Now, this year, they get Ricky Williams back and Ronnie Brown, and a better veteran quarterback than they had, or at least as good (at least as bad). And now they are 9-7. This is such a resurgence? They are back being the pretty good but scaring no one team they have been for a decade. Why is this supposed to be great coaching?

Frankly, I don't understand why Miami's resurgence is such a surprise to anyone. Or why Saban, who i think is a good coach, is looked at as a savior.

He is what I see: Miami was 11-5, 11-5, 9-7 and 10-6 previous to last year. Most football people predicted they would fight for the division lead. On the eve of the season they lose one guy, Ricky Williams, and their team falls apart, mostly due to other injuries. Now, this year, they get Ricky Williams back and Ronnie Brown, and a better veteran quarterback than they had, or at least as good (at least as bad). And now they are 9-7. This is such a resurgence? They are back being the pretty good but scaring no one team they have been for a decade. Why is this supposed to be great coaching?

547586[/snapback]

Your right about them being above average until last year, but they were a train wreck and have rebounded nicely. What I like about Saban's job is steady improvement over the course of the year, which shows me his philosophy/message is sinking in. I don’t follow this team closely, but I just feel Saban has a blue print or idea that he plans to follow closely, which is not what I have seen in Buffalo. One day they preach power and the next day they draft 168 lb. slot receiver?

Your right about them being above average until last year, but they were a train wreck and have rebounded nicely. What I like about Saban's job is steady improvement over the course of the year, which shows me his philosophy/message is sinking in. I don’t follow this team closely, but I just feel Saban has a blue print or idea that he plans to follow closely, which is not what I have seen in Buffalo. One day they preach power and the next day they draft 168 lb. slot receiver?

The Dolphins started out beating Denver and Carolina, 2 playoff teams (albeit at home and early in the season, when they have an enormous advantage). Then they lose a bunch, get drubbed 22-0 by Cleveland, and go on a 6-game winning streak against 5 sub-.500 teams (I'm counting the Pats in there since they played 2nd and 3rd stringers most of the game, and still they only won by 2). And with what happened in the Bills' game, I'm not as impressed with Saban as some here are. It reminds me too much of last year for the Bills. I guess we'll see next year.

The Dolphins started out beating Denver and Carolina, 2 playoff teams (albeit at home and early in the season, when they have an enormous advantage).  Then they lose a bunch, get drubbed 22-0 by Cleveland, and go on a 6-game winning streak against 5 sub-.500 teams (I'm counting the Pats in there since they played 2nd and 3rd stringers most of the game, and still they only won by 2).  And with what happened in the Bills' game, I'm not as impressed with Saban as some here are.  It reminds me too much of last year for the Bills.  I guess we'll see next year.

547681[/snapback]

They also beat a good San Diego team who was in the middle of a playoff race. Honestly, I like their receivers, tight ends, and running backs a hell of a lot more then our guys. If they find a capable QB they could be good next year.