Buffalo News vs. National Media

JDG

The Buffalo news' reporting this morning makes it clear that they still think Donahoe is a goner - just as they have been saying for weeks. John Clayton and ProFootballMoron - errr... Talk ;-) think that Donahoe's staying.

My money is on the Buff News..... but this will be a great "scorecard" moment over the next week or two here.....

JDG

The Buffalo news' reporting this morning makes it clear that they still think Donahoe is a goner - just as they have been saying for weeks.    John Clayton and ProFootballMoron - errr... Talk ;-)  think that Donahoe's staying.

My money is on the Buff News..... but this will be a great "scorecard" moment over the next week or two here.....

JDG

546694[/snapback]

yeah, i've noticed the same thing. i've gotta believe that the snooze has the upper hand here. but if they're wrong, boy will they look bad. moreover, the news' bad relationship with td will only get worse ...

Here's something that I've found interesting. We keep hearing from the national media (Clayton, Mort) that it appears Mularkey's job may be safe. Notice that we are hearing NOTHING about Donahoe (except from profootballtalk.com but they don't count).

We know that TD is buddy-buddy with many of the guys over there at ESPN...I think that if Donahoe knew his job was safe, he would've let it be known to his media friends immediately.

Here's something that I've found interesting.  We keep hearing from the national media (Clayton, Mort) that it appears Mularkey's job may be safe.  Notice that we are hearing NOTHING about Donahoe (except from profootballtalk.com but they don't count). 

We know that TD is buddy-buddy with many of the guys over there at ESPN...I think that if Donahoe knew his job was safe, he would've let it be known to his media friends immediately.

546714[/snapback]

I have heard six different national media NFL "experts" comment on the TD/MM situation, over the last week and a half. All said, essentially, the same thing. Mularkey is likely safe for another season, while TD is likely gone. The conscnecious amongst them was that Ralph's age would somehow contribute to him firing TD, as he wants a winner now! The conscencious also seemed to be that Ralph would be making a big mistake in letting TD go. He is still viewed as one of the very best in the business. Howard Balzar Jr, I think it was, even said he was one of the top 5 GM's in the leauge, saying that even the best of them make as many mistakes as they do good moves.

Now, I don't always put a lot of stock in what a lot of these guys say. Chris Landrey, however, is excellent. He is not a buddy of TD's from the media. He is a former scout for the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans, who thinks that the Bills, despite appearnces, have a lot of talent. He agrees with most of us here, that TD badly managed the Offensive Line, but also thinks Ralph will be making a huge mistake in letting TD go. He says that they will not get anyone better to replace him, anyone who takes the job would likely be a first timer, with no track record at all. Landrey seems to think that the coaching has been more suspect than the management of the team. He does like Mularkey though (says he is learning on the job still), and says that fans, and moreover Ralph, need to be patient, the team is heading in the right direction.

FWIW, Landrey, an analyst for Fox Sports Radio, is, to me, the best of the "experts" in the business. The guy just knows the game, knows all of the NFL and college personal. I trust his opinion...

First, let's differentiate between "reporting" and "opinion." There wasn't a report stating he was gone, only an opinion by Felser.

The only thing I'd say is that Felser is saying TD is a goner and he's about the only media member in this town with any credible reputation, although only now a Sunday columnist. And my bet would be that he's close to a lot of people in the NFL and at OBD, including RW. Sullivan and Gaughan are hacks.

I'd put my money on Felser before anyone in the national media, and I hate the local guys so that says a lot.