greatest special teams

i know many here have a special place for steve tasker and the special teams of the super bowl years, however, given the statistics, and the overall play of the special teams, is this the best bills special team units ever? i believe, considering all the phases, that it might be the best ever in nfl history. i thought so all year, but until terrence got the td last wk, i hesitated to say so. but even with the great coverage units the bills have had in the past, i think this years teams surpass them all.....thoughts?

i know many here have a special place for steve tasker and the special teams of the super bowl years, however, given the statistics, and the overall play of the special teams, is this the best bills special team units ever?  i believe, considering all the phases, that it might be the best ever in nfl history.  i thought so all year, but until terrence got the td last wk, i hesitated to say so.  but even with the great coverage units the bills have had in the past, i think this years teams surpass them all.....thoughts?

546529[/snapback]

I don't know about best ever as I don't really have the knowledge base needed to make such a claim but they are the best I've seen in the 20+ years I've been following the Bills.

A silver lining in this giant toilet of a season.

That's a pretty good question. I'd say Marv's teams were better in the coverage and FG/EP part of the game and this team is much better/explosive in the return portion with Moorman being clearly superior to Mohr.

The largest wildcard between the two are McGee/Parrish. The BILLS of Marv's era never really found the guy who was a homerun threat.

That's a pretty good question.  I'd say Marv's teams were better in the coverage and FG/EP

546601[/snapback]

"wide right" will be the only fg/ep remembered.......extra point :) yeah marvs teams were absolutely the best looking PAT team in the history of the NFL

"wide right" will be the only fg/ep remembered.......

You mean by "short attention span" idiots such as yourself? Marv also brought in Steve Christie, who was the most successful kicker in Buffalo history. You know, the guy who kicked the longest FG in Super Bowl history?

extra point  :)  yeah marvs teams were absolutely the best looking PAT team in the history of the NFL

546606[/snapback]

The point was about confidence in the kicking game. But you can keep chasing me around in a vain attempt to make yourself appear smart. I know, I know. You're kicking my ass all over the board in these "debates".

You mean by "short attention span" idiots such as yourself?  Marv also brought in Steve Christie, who was the most successful kicker in Buffalo history.  You know, the guy who kicked the longest FG in Super Bowl history?

The point was about confidence in the kicking game.  But you can keep chasing me around in a vain attempt to make yourself appear smart.  I know, I know.  You're kicking my ass all over the board in these "debates".

546630[/snapback]

just saying it's the one remembered........

you still like that word "idiot"

i look like a genius next to you, but not trying to "follow you around"

just saying it's the one remembered........

By short attention span idiots.

you still like that word "idiot"

The shoe fits. I could use any number of synonomous terms but you ain't worth the keystrokes.

i look like a genius next to you, but not trying to "follow you around"

546651[/snapback]

Keep telling yourself that.