Should The Bills Dump Kelly Holcomb

Nanker

If there's going to be an open competitin for QB come training camp, then I'd like to have McCown brought in. If MM is still here next year, Holcomb will likely be the starter in 2006 and next December will be yet another dreary month.

So, if JP isn't going to be the guy to calm Mularkey's anxiety, maybe somebody with a little more NFL experience and a lot more upside potential than Holcomb-of-the-noodle-arm could be brought into the fold. Wyche could spend time with McCown rather than "going to the islands" with JP.

McCown Playing his last game as a red bird?

Young Josh McCown's Stats Linky

G: 8/ GS: 5/ Att:228/ Cmp:132/ Pct:57.9%/ Yds:1,539/ YPA:6.75/ Lg:49/ TD:8/ Int:10/ Tkld:15-88/ 20+:20/ 40+:6/ Rating:71.9

G: 9/ GS: 7/ Att:193/ Cmp:132/ Pct:68.4%/ Yds:1,325/ YPA:6.87/ Lg:65/ TD:8/ Int:4/ Tkld:15-128/ 20+:12/ 40+:3/ Rating:92.9

Our Guy Holcomb's Stats Linky

once jp develops i think kelly would be the better backup to keep here.

546215[/snapback]

That's a leap of faith, right there.

Do you really think he'll be given a chance to develop under MM?

If MM does come back next year - he's proven that he doesn't care about JP's development. He's thrown him under the bus enough so there shouldn't be any doubt about that.

JMHO

Meh.  This guy seems like more of the same.  He is just like the quarterbacks we have, which is below average.  He is in passing system in Arizona, so that is good for him, but we don't need another young unproven QB.

546213[/snapback]

I dunno. His HC is Dennis Green after all.

I just think MM has put JP in the trash. Maybe someone like McCown who has more game experience and a better arm than Holcomb would work out here.

Face it. With Holcomb at the controls we're going nowhere. No-where.

If there's going to be an open competitin for QB come training camp, then I'd like to have McCown  brought in. If MM is still here next year, Holcomb will likely be the starter in 2006 and next December will be yet another dreary month.

So, if JP isn't going to be the guy to calm Mularkey's anxiety, maybe somebody with a little more NFL experience and a lot more upside potential than Holcomb-of-the-noodle-arm could be brought into the fold. Wyche could spend time with McCown rather than "going to the islands" with JP.

546210[/snapback]

Old saying: 'Tis better to have a devil you know than one you don't... :w00t:

If there's going to be an open competitin for QB come training camp, then I'd like to have McCown  brought in. If MM is still here next year, Holcomb will likely be the starter in 2006 and next December will be yet another dreary month.

McCown Playing his last game as a red bird?

Young Josh McCown's Stats Linky

G: 8/ GS: 5/ Att:228/ Cmp:132/ Pct:57.9%/ Yds:1,539/ YPA:6.75/ Lg:49/ TD:8/ Int:10/ Tkld:15-88/ 20+:20/ 40+:6/ Rating:71.9

G: 9/ GS: 7/ Att:193/ Cmp:132/ Pct:68.4%/ Yds:1,325/ YPA:6.87/ Lg:65/ TD:8/ Int:4/ Tkld:15-128/ 20+:12/ 40+:3/ Rating:92.9

Our Guy Holcomb's Stats Linky

546210[/snapback]

McCown cant even beat out 89 year old Kurt Warner. McCown's been in the league for a number of years now and i think he's still dumber than losman

How'd McCown do the one game he played in Buffalo last year? Oh, that's right he made some comment about how he couldn't imagine how someone like Jim Kelly could have had a productive career playing in these weather conditions.

546317[/snapback]

Yes and everyone of his passes were quite horrible as the wind batted them around.

9 of 24 for 101 yards and 1 td.

It was almost as bad as chad pennington trying to throw here late in the year. No thanks

Although I wouldn't necessarily want McCown in Buffalo, I think Denny Green is a fool if he chooses Warner over McCown, at this point. McCown has been, for the most part, very productive, in an admittedly passer friedly offense. Warner has not been as consistent in the same offense. For whatever reason, Denny just does not like McCown.

To me, McCown would be a good pick up for Detroit, or Clevland (his brother Luke backing him up?). Buffalo is better off figuring out what they have in Losman, with Holcomb there for insurance. I don't see McCown going somewhere that he will be relegated to second or third string, when he clearly believes he is a #1 QB. There are far worse...maybe he fits in with the 49'ers, when they finally figure out that they made a very bad pick in Alex Smith....

Although I wouldn't necessarily want McCown in Buffalo, I think Denny Green is a fool if he chooses Warner over McCown, at this point.  McCown has been, for the most part, very productive, in an admittedly passer friedly offense.  Warner has not been as consistent in the same offense.  For whatever reason, Denny just does not like McCown. 

To me, McCown would be a good pick up for Detroit, or Clevland (his brother Luke backing him up?).  Buffalo is better off figuring out what they have in Losman, with Holcomb there for insurance.  I don't see McCown going somewhere that he will be relegated to second or third string, when he clearly believes he is a #1 QB.  There are far worse...maybe he fits in with the 49'ers, when they finally figure out that they made a very bad pick in Alex Smith....

546327[/snapback]

The Bills shouldn't do anything at the QB position this offseason unless Shane Matthews retires then I'd look for a late draft pick/no drafted free agent and/or a no name veteran to serve as the 3rd stringer behind Losman and Holcomb.

Cleveland doesn't nee him, Charlie Frye has looked good as a rookie this season and they have a vet in Trent Dilfer to be his backup. (BTW Luke got cut this offseason and don't think he ended up anywhere). I could see McNown ending up in Detroit though and them taking a QB, like Charlie Whitehurst, in the 3rd/4th Round of the draft. Another place McNown might want to consider is New Orleans.

In terms of Arizona, if he comes out Vince Young could be a guy they could be targetting with their top pick and might keep Warner around to play a year/mentor Young like he did with Eli. If not maybe they'll trade for a guy like Rivers, if available.